Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bill Drill -- What's A Good Time With A Revo?

Byron Simpson

That is a pretty good time for a revo. We ran the same stage last night at our saturday night indoor match. The way we did it was as a timed fire event. We set the par time for 3.5 and I think just about everybody that we ran through got it with time to spare. We also were only scoring A hits. This was our practice night so we try to mix it up a bit. The best time we had was probably right around 2.0 -2.2. This was one of the open guys. With my revo I was right around 2.65.( B- class revo). So I would say that was a pretty good time.

I tried this drill on the week-end with my S&W 629C & 165pf loads and couldn't better 3 seconds, so 2.59 seems pretty good from where I stand. I noticed on another thread that Spook was acheiving 3 seconds for 6 shots at 25 yards. I'm impressed.

I have done some BillDrills two weeks ago. Best run was about 2.4 at 7y. Best split in that run was .24 I think :(. Shooting fast splits with a revolver is just so very hard. You have to pull the trigger as the rises in recoil and make the shot break immediately after the gun has returned to it's "natural" position. Something that needs a lot of training I think, but is probably like learning how to ride a bike. Once you know it, it'll never go away (I think). I just wish there was a cheaper way of learning how to ride this bike :)