Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

We had a great revolver day today

vrmn1

We had 8 or 9 revolvers show up for a monthly match at Cool Springs. Yeah there was a little bit of pre planning to do it but it worked out very nicely.

I know this, a GREAT TIME was had by all of us revo shooters.

Even ima45dv8 shot a sixgun with us. :cheers:

Yeah, I was the wheel-gun newbie. Had a blast! This was the first real match I shot with it. My North Mountain carrier generated a lot of interest. I think I sold a couple. The rubber big-butt grip was a lot better handle for me than the Miculek grip that was previously mounted. And everyone who handled it oooohed and ahhhhed over it. I promise to steer any opportunities to Bob Perdue since he was so good to deal with on these.

I learn a few things yesterday...

• When shooting a revolver, every stage is Virginia count.
  • When getting intermittant light primer strikes and your tension screw is already bottomed out, a shim made up from a folded piece of a Wal-Mart receipt works fine to add a little tension.
  • Multi-tasking is easy to achieve with a wheel gun. I learned that I can cuss while reloading.
  • Shooting a revolver will help you re-discover the front sight, including follow-through.
  • The chambers on this thing get narrower when the timer beeps. This makes reloads a bit more difficult than during dry-fire practice. *I'm searching the web for a copy of the instructions to disable this feature.
  • Getting spent brass back is easy.
  • BRT's are FUN!