Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Good Load 124gr. FMJ

JimmyZip

My brother-in-law gave me some Hodgdon Titegroup and some 124gr. FMJ that a friend of his who was getting out of reloading gave him. The powder is un opened and I was wondering if any of you have a load for 9mm that uses these together? If so what was the characteristic of the load? Pushy? Snappy? Also, does this powder burn cleanly? I also bought some once fired brass from Powder Valley. What if any have been your experience with it.

Jimmy - The search function is your friend. ;) A couple of recent threads to check out:

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=54814

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=54374

The consensus is that about 4.0 - 4.2 grains of TG is an excellent load. Check in your gun to make sure it makes PF with your personal fudge factor.

Jimmy,

I asked the same question earlier in the week and got several good replies. I just bought almost exactly the same set up, zero 124 gr, titegroup, mixed brass, and wsp primers. I am going with 3.9 gr of titegroup, it runs great in my Glock 34, haven't got the chrono done yet but expect to tomorrow afternoon if the weather cooperates.

I've had very good accuracy with both 115's and 124's using Titegroup but can't stand scraping the crap out of the gun after shooting it. If it was free, give it a try. If you are looking for clean, look to single base powders such as Accurate Solo 1000 or the Vhita's. Same accuracy potential or better and much much cleaner for me. It also has a snap to it I don't like in my competition ammo.

I didn't notice my Glock 34 being any dirtier after shooting 200 rds than it is when I was shooting Blazer or WWB. I also compared the two side by side and the recoil was noticeably less with Titegroup for me. I'm still a newbee at it so I'll give your suggestions a try as well, might be even better.