Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I think mild steel

If it has a pit every place you hit it with any thing more than 150 PF = than it is Mild steel. no one that wants to stay in business will build a us popper out of mild steel.

my club uses some steel out of scrap Boiler Plate that is OK for minor but with shooters coming with major loads I don't use it much at all unless it is out past 18 yards.

I want to up grade our club, but I don't want the poppers unless it is good steel, and as all I can find in the club budget is $250 that is too low a price for 4 good poppers

The other club just got ?two new ones for $250 form a local guy " David " that look great but as of yet are unshot.

You would have to strap them down to a pallet and ship them "Dock to Dock" to get a reasonable ship rate.

normally you have to ask for the Dock To Dock rate or the shipper will act like they never herd of that rate.

I think mild steel

If it has a pit every place you hit it with any thing more than 150 PF = than it is Mild steel. no one that wants to stay in business will build a us popper out of mild steel.

my club uses some steel out of scrap Boiler Plate that is OK for minor but with shooters coming with major loads I don't use it much at all unless it is out past 18 yards.

I want to up grade our club, but I don't want the poppers unless it is good steel, and as all I can find in the club budget is $250 that is too low a price for 4 good poppers

The other club just got ?two new ones for $250 form a local guy " David " that look great but as of yet are unshot.

You would have to strap them down to a pallet and ship them "Dock to Dock" to get a reasonable ship rate.

normally you have to ask for the Dock To Dock rate or the shipper will act like they never herd of that rate.

You can buy new popper faces made from t-100 steel for $64.00 each plus UPS. You'll have to reuse your old bases,or build new or buy thiers. We just recieved 8 US popper faces and 8 mini-popper faces. Looks like really nice stuff. they also have in AR-500 steel for rifle. Go to www.arntzentargets.com and check it out.

b.scrib_nm

We use Arntzen poppers here at Richmond. MGM too. Both good brands. But even the good stuff gets beat up over time, peening over even if they dont pit.

Still, they do last, don't pit and spatter much until slammed by AP, steel cored ammo or slugs (all banned from use on steel, but it still happens). Worth the extra money, if ya gotz it.