Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Montana Gold Cmjs

wknewbie

hi wknewbie,

i use the montana gold cmj's all the time. 38 super 115gr for open and 180 gr for limited. i haven't had to clean my comp ever. there is a little build up after 20, 000 rounds, but i don't let it bother me. if you don't want to us the cmj, just use jhp. the fact that the base of the bullet doesn't expose lead is the key.

good luck,

lynn jones B)

I haven't used the CMJ's but I typically use a JHP or JSP with a closed base for basically the same effect. I definitly think it keeps my comp nice and clean. I shot some regular FMJ's with the exposed base awhile back and could see the difference after a few mags.

I started doing this years ago before even getting my comp gun with my HK P7M13. This is the HK squeeze cocker in 9mm that uses a gas retarded blowback action. I quickly found that if I used regular FMJ's I would get lots of lead build up on the piston. I started using JHP's and the gas system stayed very clean with just some carbon. When I got my race gun I knew it would be the same and used JHP's from the start.