Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting to the Left

spook

I wonder if the fact that I wear shooting glasses with Rx inserts has anything to do with that.

It depends ... can you see through dresses? :P

Yes, but that has noting to do with the Rx glasses. That depends on how many drinks I've had ;)

Hi Björn, great to see that you are shooting again.

If I understand this correctly you shoot to the left with your rear sight centered on the slide. So do mine, and a few hundred other Glock 17 I've shoot in the past. My experience is that a Glock 17 with a centered rear sight will shoot to the left. You know where I have my experience from, and that amount of pistols also includes the same amount of shooters. Who, with 3-4 exceptions, also shoot to the left with a centered rear sight.

even

If I understand this correctly you shoot to the left with your rear sight centered on the slide. So do mine, and a few hundred other Glock 17 I've shoot in the past. My experience is that a Glock 17 with a centered rear sight will shoot to the left. You know where I have my experience from, and that amount of pistols also includes the same amount of shooters. Who, with 3-4 exceptions, also shoot to the left with a centered rear sight.

even

Hi Even

Thanks!

Very comforting to hear you and the guys you train all have the same problem. One huge problem I saw was confidence related. It feels wrong to tap the sight all the way to the right. A gun should be dead on when the sights are centered. Oh well, glad to see I'm not alone :)

Edited by spook

even

Hi Even

Thanks!

Very comforting to hear you and the guys you train all have the same problem. One huge problem I saw was confidence related. It feels wrong to tap the sight all the way to the right. A gun should be dead on when the sights are centered. Oh well, glad to see I'm not alone :)

Hi Björn.

I bought a used Glock 17 with Heinie fixed rear sight on it, and it was adjusted way out to the right. For me it shot to the right as well, so I moved it to the left but it's not centered, it's still visibly to the right.

I lent my gun to a friend who is going to his first IPSC class this weekend and when we where at the range he tried it out. He shot good groups to the left and somewhat low from 10 meters.

We then moved out to 20 meters and I instructed him to hold harder with his support hand and concentrate on the trigger movement. With slow fire he then got the same POI as I have, in the centre of the A-zone.

What does this tell us?

That the Glock trigger system causes newbies to yank the trigger instead of pulling it when they try to shoot fast. And sometimes it does this to us more expirienced as well :rolleyes: , me self included.

As seen on the back of a fiends (Ursus) PPC club shirt, "Don't yank, don't pull, SQUEEZE" :devil:

I'm one more happy glock user with its sites tapped to the right... couldn't it be that european-made glocks are politically correct and tend to go to the left??? :rolleyes:

Another one huh?

I'm seriously thinking of a poll to see how many Glockers have their sights adjusted to the right.

Does anyone know how Dave Sevigny's sights are adjusted? Jake?

I'm one more happy glock user with its sites tapped to the right... couldn't it be that european-made glocks are politically correct and tend to go to the left??? :rolleyes:

Another one huh?

I'm seriously thinking of a poll to see how many Glockers have their sights adjusted to the right.

Does anyone know how Dave Sevigny's sights are adjusted? Jake?

Obviously, damn near perfect!

I'm just a lowly IDPA SSP/Expert shooter and my POA=POI with them centered up. I will occasionally have a few go left if I start yanking the trigger, but when I do my part all is well.

I had a problem with shots going toward the weak side. I found that I was tightning my grip just before the shot broke. When I got control of that the problem went away. Oh, btw, my sights are dead center.

Edited by GRR