Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

decent primer prices

mlmiller1

If anyone is interested, www.outdoormarksman.com , west warehouse is selling wolf small pistol primers for a decent price(decent in today's economy, anyway). We just ordered 33k, cost delivered to me with shipping & hazmat was $16.22/k. Just thought you guys might be interested. I've never ordered from them before, I hope it works out well. I ordered Saturday, they shipped today. It looks like you can order up to 45k on one hazmat fee. Not sure about that number, though. That would bring the cost down to @$15.90. Not a bad deal these days.

I hope they are as good as the PMC primers. I've heard they are the same primer, different box.

disclaimer: I don't work there nor do I know them. Just looked like a good deal to me. :D

MLM

If anyone is interested, www.outdoormarksman.com , west warehouse is selling wolf small pistol primers for a decent price(decent in today's economy, anyway). We just ordered 33k, cost delivered to me with shipping & hazmat was $16.22/k. Just thought you guys might be interested. I've never ordered from them before, I hope it works out well. I ordered Saturday, they shipped today. It looks like you can order up to 45k on one hazmat fee. Not sure about that number, though. That would bring the cost down to @$15.90. Not a bad deal these days.

I hope they are as good as the PMC primers. I've heard they are the same primer, different box.

disclaimer: I don't work there nor do I know them. Just looked like a good deal to me. :D

MLM

Please let us know how the wolf primers work. I am still not sure that I want to try them yet.

Thanks

Mike

I used the Wolf/PMC small pistol in Production at both Fredericksburg and Thurmont/MPSA with GREAT results. These are my only primers from here on out. They come from the exact same plant as the PMC primers did. They are nearly as reliable as the Federals and MORE reliable than Winchesters from what I can tell.

(clarification: least reliable are hard military and cci. LOTS of dud primers/light strikes).

Edited by Carlos

Our order is supposed to arrive today but I won't have any feedback on how they work for a week or two, probably. I actually let one of our club guys buy mine since I had a surplus & he was out so I have to wait for those guys to load some & get back to me with their results. I'll try to get info soon as I can, though. We may make another order pretty soon hoping to beat price increases.

MLM

• 1 month later...
Our order is supposed to arrive today but I won't have any feedback on how they work for a week or two, probably. I actually let one of our club guys buy mine since I had a surplus & he was out so I have to wait for those guys to load some & get back to me with their results. I'll try to get info soon as I can, though. We may make another order pretty soon hoping to beat price increases.

MLM

Are the primers any good?

I actually forgot to ask the guys that wound up with the primers but we had a big match yesterday & they were shooting them. Far as I know, no problems. There are several other posts about how good the wolf primers are & so on. Seems everyone likes them. Bad news is outdoor marksman is out. I don't know if they are getting more or anything. MLM