Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Got A Serious Case Of "gotta Have This"

I wanna Nokia 6000 series too!. But I just replaced my phone with a lower end Nokia without realizing what I could have gotten if I had only paid attention to the features while I was at the store. But now I have to wait a while on general principle. Maybe if I drop this one a few times, sorta by accident, I can create a need for a 6610i ;-)

Now I gotta bad case of "Cellular envy" too! Great.

George (Geoff?),

My advice is to wait 6 months for the Nokia 6220, which is the 6610 on steroids. It has everything the 6610 (and 6100) has to offer plus an integrated digital camera.

I'm a Nokia Nut and I've got to have their latest and greatest. I'm a sick puppy, really, but I run my little world with two items - my cellular phone and my notebook computer.

Hey, maybe I'll get a new Dell in May :wub:

Hi Vince,

My world also hinges on my cellular, and my porta-puter ;~)

My big need (want) in a cellular would be IR, and an internal modem so I can connect without a dad-burned cable.

George is my shooting "Nome De Guerre".

I got it bestowed on me at match many moons ago. They couldn't believe that any name could start with "Geo", and not end with "rge". That's what the nametag said, and "by George" that's what I was gonna be :~)

Regards,

Hey, maybe I'll get a new Dell in May  :wub:

Vince,

If you decide to get a Dell (laptop?), for God's sake get the 4 year on-site warranty. I literally ended up buying two laptops (because I was in the middle of a project) and assembled a working one out the two and sent the other one back. The only reason I have a Dell is because of: the high-res screen, good keyboard, and the fact it can use two batteries (very very cool).

The carnage so far:

(keeping in mind, my laptop spends 99.8% of it's life on my dining room table.)

• Two LCD's - Getting ready for the third
  • Two CD/DVD drives
  • Two mousepads - the last of which is totally worn out and will be replaced soon
  • A new motherboard
  • Two keyboards

Dell's service is unbeatable, but unfortunately, you'll be needing it - a lot.

Eric,

Sorry to hear about your woes. My current Dell Inspiron 7000 (a Jurassic Period 300 MHz), has performed flawlessly for 3 years, but I'm overdue for an upgrade. And yes, the dual battery option is tres cool.

Sadly there's no "on site" warranty in Hong Kong - all repairs are done in Malaysia, but I've never had a need to avail myself of their assistance.

I'm very brand loyal (Glock, Nokia, Microsoft, Symantec, Dell, Cathay Pacific Airways to name a few) until I get screwed with a bad product or service (e.g. Compaq).

I must admit that I've been tempted by the Sony VAIO series notebooks, but Dell continues to get rave (and better) reviews.

vince,

i here the new Nokia 6220 has a added feature, of course you have to download it. the feature makes the Nokia 6220 a Nokia 6220 ipsc version. this combines the regular phone features with that of a ipsc timer. there is a destintive ring for the start signal and a feature doesn't allow the phone to ring during a course of fire. we don't want to distract those RO's. :D

lynn jones

ps buy dell, i have stock in that company.

Vince -

Do not be tempted by the new VAIO's. At least the model with the 16" screen (which I dearly loved) has a flaw in the keyboard buffer that drops characters if you can type quickly. (I tested 3 different computers - they all had the same defect.) While the old Dells are legendary, the new Inspiron series are anything but inspiring. Yeah, I got a smoking price and great service on my Dell, but the reliability is the pits. I never would have suspected I'd have as awful an experience as I had.

My only other advice would be to test EVERYTHING on your new Dell before transferring anything over to it - especially the CD burning.

---------

Oh - and I forgot another thing that broke: the cooling fans. Going to have to get the second set installed here soon.