Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

.308 Fal

MARKUSEJ

I am using a metric FAL for IPSC 3 gun competition. What would have a lower felt recoil. A 125 gr bullet@2950 or a 150 gr bullet@2450. I am going to start reloading for this rifle and was wondering what a good load is that just barely makes major.

Additionally does anyone know of a good source for commercial brass in once-fired 308? Thanks

The 150 @ 2450 will recoil less but certainly not shoot as flat, not an issue with most shots in 3 gun. The super sneaky way is to zero the rifle w/ 125s or 150s for the stages with longer shots and then use 200s or 220s for the close stuff. Talk about no recoil! But the rifle cycles slowly. In matches with no power factor, I shoot 110 Sierras or 110 VMax. They have little recoil and shoot flat but there better not be any wind!

I typically use 4895 or Varget in my .308 FAL.

We do have a deal on 308 brass in the retail store. I think it is $35/1000 and it came out of the M-134 minigun. The brass is mostly Hertenberger and has tight flash holes, you will need to use one of our decap pins or you will pull the pins out of any other brands assemblies.