Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Production grip tape on slide

SDM

How I see it. USPSA/IPSC is a sport. All sports have rules. We have a great thing in that we have quite a bit of influence on changing the rules, but we have to remain within the rules, that's what makes more of a challenge. I don't want toopen another huge can ofworms here,but look at the DOH in SS huge deal but it's a rule. I really don't want to offend the shooter that was the recipient of this call, but you need to read the rules and if your not sure, ask. it wasprobably something he didn't even think about, not something he was trying to get away with. This brings something else up, I need to read up on the rules,maybe we all should.

Jason

And if I found someone doing that (hiding modifications under tape) and was the RM you would not get moved to Open, you would get an Unsportsmanlike DQ under 10.6 and be sent home. That is pre-meditated cheating. You would have a helluva time convincing me (or any other sane, logical person) that "you didn't know".

Sorry...but that is the way I see things. And I do not think that is the sort of thing one would want as a reputation. :(

Well, we had a guy in our squad in Nationals who is now shooting in Limited because of tape on the underside of the trigger...

Well...agree with the call or not, sounds like he got lucky...if you could call it that:

6.2.5.1 However, if a competitor fails to satisfy the equipment or

other requirements of a declared Division during a course

of fire, the competitor will be placed in Open Division, if

available, otherwise the competitor will shoot the match for

no score.

Same thing for a guy on our squad.

I thought the rule was Open or fun.

• 3 weeks later...

For some reason I didn't get subscribed to this and forgot about it. Happen upon it and it's got 2 pages of posts.

Isn’t it somewhat ironic that I have to de-modify my IDPA SSP gun so that I can play in USPSA. I guess I’ll take those two small pieces of grip tape (oh, and the one from under the trigger guard) and lay them next to my grip plug so I don’t lose them.

Please don’t take this the wrong way because I truly enjoy both sports. I accept the rules as the rules and I play. I find shooting ~9mm holes in pieces of cardboard and knocking over pieces of 3/8” steel really enjoyable for some reason, it don't matter what the rules are. I just think it's funny that when it comes to certain things, the gamers game is the more restrictive discipline. Thank you all for your responses.