Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rudy Project glasses

steel1212

Ok I've done some research today and my head is still spinning from all the info. I have a -4.75 and -3.75 prescription. I've heard that the Rudy's have a insert that you can get for their glasses but it only goes to -4.0. Well I saw a low RX and a High RX insert, would the high one work? Also what would be best for a contact wearer? I was thinking about the direct lenses to basically have a clear set for a back up set of glasses but then I would need several lense colors and that would add up. Then there is the flip up type or the plain insert type.

I would like to have the insert type with clear for shooting days so I don't have to wear contacts at all. Then get to the range and pop in what ever color I need. Then again the flip ups seem nice just pop them on and when get outside just flip down.

All this is null and void if they can't go high enough to cover my prescription!

Edited by steel1212

Corey: We have a shooter that shoots with us once in a while. She has the flip up type with the prescription lens underneath. If it gets cloudy she just flips the colored lens up and shoots with the clear prescription. Another bonus is if it is raining she can flip the colored lens up and use it to block the rain from the other lens. She told me that it works very well. She shoots an open pistol if that helps. Good luck with your search. Thanks, Eric

I have a couple sets of Rudy with photochromatic lenses, and they are AWESOME. No need to change lenses, the lenses change for you. Light transmission is always just right unless you go from bright light to shooting into darkness in the same stage. I highly recommend them.

So would the flip up type have the RX lense like traditional glasses and not a "clip on" type then the shooting glasses just flip down over top of them? It looks like the insert type has the shooting class as part of the frame then the RX glass clip on inside of that? If the flip ups has the RX attached to the frame then the Photochromatic drops down over top of that, this would be what I want!

Hello Corey

go back to rudys website and look up the rb3 sunglasses

your rx lens are mounted into a light weight frame

then you clip on the shades to which you can change

very easy. ie: clip on clip off

I have a pair but have not taken them in for my rx lens

to be built and installed.

these are also like what a lot of the baseball players wear

they can have the shades when they need them or just

flip them up and have no shades.

hope this helps.

J.Kee

Hello Corey

go back to rudys website and look up the rb3 sunglasses

your rx lens are mounted into a light weight frame

then you clip on the shades to which you can change

very easy. ie: clip on clip off

I have a pair but have not taken them in for my rx lens

to be built and installed.

these are also like what a lot of the baseball players wear

they can have the shades when they need them or just

flip them up and have no shades.

hope this helps.

J.Kee

On the RB3s I can't find the Impact lenses. The only one I see in the flip up that has impact lenses are the execption ones.

I've got the Exception (or Perception can't remember), they are what you're looking for. The tinted lens is what flips up, the prescription is mounted to the frame. These are interchangeable as well as the tinted lenses. These are the glasses required for Rx's over 4.0 (which sounds like you, and me).

I love mine.

I've got the Exception (or Perception can't remember), they are what you're looking for. The tinted lens is what flips up, the prescription is mounted to the frame. These are interchangeable as well as the tinted lenses. These are the glasses required for Rx's over 4.0 (which sounds like you, and me).

I love mine.

BINGO!!! Thanks Al