Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Problem w/ uspsa.org?

In order to get to uspsa.org, I added the following entry in my winnt/system32/drivers/etc/hosts file

209.62.63.82 www.uspsa.org

The address resolves locally instead of with a dns server. After a day or two when all the dns tables of the free universe are updated, I'll take out the entry. Temporary fix for those interested.

In order to get to uspsa.org, I added the following entry in my winnt/system32/drivers/etc/hosts file

209.62.63.82 www.uspsa.org

The address resolves locally instead of with a dns server. After a day or two when all the dns tables of the free universe are updated, I'll take out the entry. Temporary fix for those interested.

We'll probably change servers again in a few years so, if you forget to take the entries out of hosts, you'll have problems long after you've forgotten about making this change.

It's not always winnt. If you use "%SYSTEMROOT%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts" you'll fine the correct file. If hosts is not in that directory, you'll see a sample file (no, you're not interestd in "lmhosts") with comments about hosts.

Just finished the drive up here to Tulsa and was trying to look up the squad schedule on the uspsa-nationals.org site and it's down. I can't ping it either. I can get to uspsa.org tho....

Anyone else have this problem?