Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Video Card and Monitor Question

ParaJoe

I recently had Dell build me a new computer that I am thoroughly happy with. A friend of mine got me into online gaming and now I want more. I'm currently running a 17" LCD and want to bump up to a 20-22" incher. Well, I'm not sure if my video card will handle it. Video card is Nvidia Geforce 7300LE. It has an HVI, S-Video, and serial port on it. Ya think it will be ok or should I upgrade the video card while I'm at it??

Thanks,

Joe

The size of your monitor is irrelevant to your video card unless you intend to display a higher resolution on the larger monitor. If the video card you already have is capable of playing the game at your chosen resolution you are fine with a new monitor too.

Your video card is not a really high end card, you could upgrade significantly for not much money if you need more performance for your game. The model numbers of the video cards are often deceiving so I usually refer to a chart like this to compare the cards:

Make sure that you purchase the correct card for the type of slot that your motherboard has (PCI, PCI-E, AGP, etc).

post-1183-1188685555.png

Edited by L9X25