Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Air soft which one?

1911vm

I decided to purchase an air soft so I could practice at home I just do not know what to look for. I need a 1911 that feel as close as possible to the real thing and does not brake down all the time. I am looking to spend no more then $350. Can any one suggest what and where to buy? Thanks

PS Also are their any custom builders in the US

If you go to the search function there is an article that is a TREMENDOUSLY informative on the types, prices, quality, manufacturers, retailers (both overseas and US) as well as customizers.

Gettin' one myself and will send it to someone to install a C-More.

Rich

If you go to the search function there is an article that is a TREMENDOUSLY informative on the types, prices, quality, manufacturers, retailers (both overseas and US) as well as customizers.

Gettin' one myself and will send it to someone to install a C-More.

Rich

Not to sound stupid I tried the search function and after an hour of reading I gave up. Is their any way you can attach a link. Thanks

1911vm, I think USC meant the Brianenos.com search function, upper right-hand corner of the page. Just enter "Airsoft" and a bunch of threads will appear....there is one that discusses Manny Bragg selling them and a link to his online store if I recall.

(edited to add, I just did a search for "Airsoft" and 2 pages of threads came up. One thread included this... http://www.airsplat.com/P_383.htm , there are many more.)

Edited by Duane Thomas

• 2 weeks later...
1911vm, I think USC meant the Brianenos.com search function, upper right-hand corner of the page. Just entire Airsoft and a bunch of threads will appear....there is one that discusses Manny Bragg selling them and a link to his online store if I recall.

(edited to add, I just did a search for "Airsoft" and 2 pages of threads came up. One thread included this... http://www.airsplat.com/P_383.htm , there are many more.)

Airsplat is a good place for decent airsofts. Tokyo Maurai would probably be the best choice for the 1911. My SiG 226 is a KJW. Paid aroud $110.00 for an all steel, green gasser. The Maurai is probably a little more but, I've heard good things about them.

One note of caution. The Japanese guns require 134a gas (Tokyo Maurai and Western Arms) for decent longevity of your gun parts. The 134a gas is the lowest pressure available, followed by green gas (a little hotter and can be replaced with propane cylinders from Walmart) and the red gas (real hot).

Some have modified their Japanese guns to allow safe use of green gas but I have no experience with that. The 134a gas seems to be getting a little harder to find (at least at all the sources I've used recently) and the prices are slowly climbing.

I found a vague reference to someone figuring out how to either load their gun or load an empty 134a can with automotive 134a air conditioner refrigerant. Same gas but without the necessary silicon oil and at a lower cost than factory airsoft 134a cans. If I determine how to get this to work, I will post it on the forum.

Bill