Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

got some videos

LeeIndy

Lee

Posting your class would help.

Look fine except first leave Alaska cause you guys shoot 1/2 of the season we do and we stink, like 5 months of no shooting. ;)

I see first that work on how to enter positions with a "glide" or one step instead of a hop or a "delay" . Work on transistions between targets and you could have cut 10 sec off of the first video. It looks like you are aiming. How were your hits? If you are not shooting 90% points that matters more than anything.

I see a lot of gain available from going for the mag on your reloads, faster and better also.

Edited by BSeevers

the first one is a 1911 i just bought. shooting single stack.

some of them are with a glock 17.

im a B class in prodcution .

in idpa im a master in ssp and esp, just getting into the 1911 now that i have a good one.

my hits are generally pretty good. probably 90% ish. i rarely drop c and very very rarely a d. pretty good at calling my hits so i take make up shots if nessecary.

Edited by LeeIndy

Look fine except first leave Alaska cause you guys shoot 1/2 of the season we do and we stink, like 5 months of no shooting. ;)

im actually transferring back to montana in about a month. but i shoot year round up here. im a range officer at our local indoor range.

I see a lot of gain available from going for the mag on your reloads, faster and better also.

how is my reload on this one?

Keep that gun high- right in front of your face during the reload. That will speed them up tremendously and make them more consistant. Good "luck" and have fun! :)

Keep that gun high- right in front of your face during the reload. That will speed them up tremendously and make them more consistant. Good "luck" and have fun! :)

+1 Get and Keep the gun in front of your face and no lower. It helps a lot.

Yes you did go faster to the mag. Dry firing 3-5 nights a week will turn that into a sub 1.2 reload if you also pay attention to smooth proper technique. You have very good speed for a B shooter.

Calling your shots is #1. Its the key to winning and advancing.