Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My Goddaughter Is Getting Married!!

Shooter Grrl

Shooter Grrl,

Just keep repeating to yourself, "I was a child-Godmother.... I was a child-Godmother......." After all, you were only 7 years old when you became a Godmother................... RIGHT? ;):lol::P:P:rolleyes:

So have a GREAT time, enjoy yourself, and let it all go......... you'll be great.

Jeffro

I am most definitely going to have an AWESOME time! Her mom and I are best friends, and have been for the last 18 years and I really don't get to see them as often as we like.

Have either of you married off a child yet? It's not an easy thing to do, letting them go... I'm SO worried about her. Austin joined the Air Force right out of school last September... when he finishes school (basic?) in June he gets shipped to Germany. And she's going with him... waaaaaaa! Add the war worries, and you've got one scared/worried/stressed God mom and mom!

Shooter Grrl,

My daughter is 23 and my son is 22, neither married. HOWEVER, parents ALWAYS worry about their children, and that's why God gives us GODPARENTS........ so the biological parents have someone to "hold their hand" and worry with them!!!!!!!

As much as we would like to take their "lumps" for them, it is life that is the best teacher, and sometimes not a merciful one. We can just give them the best tools available with which to build their lives (love, education, understanding, concept of self-discipline, trust, skepticism, all in measure), then it is like the arrow shot from the bow........ we are at the mercy of that groundwork we put forth, plus a little luck!!

I am sure they will do fine, and Mom will have "Godmom" to "hold her hand" while she worries.

Best of luck, and congratulations to the newlyweds, ;)

Jeffro

since I have 4 grandchildren, you can see I have married children. It was hard for my wife to let them go to college much less get married and move away, but you have to get by that. It doesn't stop yu from loving them or them loving you.

One of the greatest gifts a parent or guardian can give an offspring or protege is a wave good-by from the nest. I've seen all too many cases of this NOT taking place and the results are life-long mental illness and violent behaviors in the more extreme cases. Be happy they WANT to fly off and "do" Life. They're not running away; they're just learning to fly. :)