steel1212

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good shooting with you, Corey.

You are dangerous enough. Don't go getting as used to that Production gun as you are to your SS.

For Production, always remember...minor sucks. On that longer field course, I got closer for the 4 targets on the move (before I started to shoot). I think I got Alphas on all of those.

Good shooting with you, Corey.

You are dangerous enough. Don't go getting as used to that Production gun as you are to your SS.

For Production, always remember...minor sucks. On that longer field course, I got closer for the 4 targets on the move (before I started to shoot). I think I got Alphas on all of those.

Oh yeah, I banged that reload and just started shooting. I really wanted to not shoot those on the move and be closer when I shot them but it didn't happen that way.

Had 1B, 27C, 2D, 1M out of 152 rounds for the match. More than I thought. Last 2 stages I had 5 and 1 on a 32 and 29 round stage. I ended up placing probably 2nd overall behind Chris Keen shooting Open on stage 6 by .1 HF so I can live with that on lol.

With that mike it comes out to be 90% of the available points. I was trying to get a little better than that. 93-95% would have been nice but there was one stage that just ate my lunch with 8 charlies, 1 delta, and the mike.

That will teach me to not verify zero at 25 yards! My first run on the plates I was shooting over the plates and put in a 21 second run. The second run I aimed bottom of the plates and did them in 10 seconds, the one in the video. Needless to say I reconfirmed zero at 25 yards and adjusted 4 clicks down <_<

Was HOA for the match, 1st SSP Master, and had a 48 second postal match time. I was really focusing on the down zero and was only down 3 points for the first 4 stages. Then had some weak hand strong hand 2 to the body one to the heads and that got me a bit.

I really have to realize that just because this gun has 2 more rounds than my SS that its not a limited gun and I have to reload. I did the same thing at the indoor match thursday. Its just mental and me not programming the stage like I should. I'm basically taking the stage for granted. When what I should be doing is trying to be HOA on all stages and all divisions! Its not likely I'll beat good shooters shooting open and limited but what I need is that killer mind set and take every stage more seriously.

I also need to look at the stages a little better and break it down more. I've got into a bad habit of going with the first plan I come to. Have a plan quick isn't bad but it doesn't mean its the best idea.

Scores are up. I finished 4th overall behind 3 open shooters. With out the jam or the failure to reload I think I could have been 3rd but "would-a-could-a-should-a-didn't"

Edited by steel1212

I only had 5 Charlies, did a combo. Shoot/move on first 3. Then posted up for the other 3 groups of 4 targets. Oh, you weren't referring to my run were you...LOL. I was .6 off your pace but I had to do one more reload. I think for SS it made sense to post up because of the target arrays vs. reloads. With more rounds in the gun it would make more sense to shoot/move. That's like a 15hf stage shooting Ltd. :roflol: It was fun.

Got caught watching some steel fall. Dropped 28 points on a 500 point match so I got 94.4% of the available points today. The last stage I had 3 Charlies on REALLLLY bugged me. There is no excuse for that just kind of swung the gun around instead of pausing just enough to get those alphas. No Deltas and no Penalties of any kind. Only got beat by a A class Open shooter and GM Limited shooter in the combined.

Really in a funk right now for some reason. We shot 2 runs of these stages and my mental focus just wasn't on the front sight in the morning and it showed. The afternoon I pulled it together a little better but not much. Really gotta work on being ready to shoot when I get to a position and leaving right as I break that last shot!