Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What Holster Belt And Mag Hdr Do You Wish You Had?

blkbrd

I have a 011, Lim Cat, CR, and the Guga Ribas Holster. The Hogue Power Speed was my first holster and the one I like the best. It's stone secure in the locked position and if you draw from the intermediate locked position it's secure and fast.

No more buying holsters trying to find something I like better than than HPS.

NOTE-----Never depend on the magnets to hold the gun.------

• 3 weeks later...
I ended up buying:

CR Belt

CR Mag pouches

Ghost Holster

It'll be interesting to see how many of these I replace over the course of the year!

First change:

I've switched from the CR Speed Mag Pouches to the Safariland 773s. I find they are a bit more stable, hold position better (on a CR belt), are slightly faster (for me) and just plain feel better made.

Oh, and I'm currently using a Limcat Holster since there was a delay on the Ghost. I'm interested in seeing which I stick with once I can try both. In the last couple of weeks, I've seen a couple of people having trouble with the Limcats: not being able to lock, binding. I've had no problems with mine.

I like the stability and ease of the CR Speed belt but I'm not greatly impressed with the quality. The velcro is peeling from the ends.

Can anyone comment on the quality of the Safariland belts?

I know, I'm very picky and it doesn't matter since they all work just fin but I like quality products B)

Kevin

I have literally tried just about everything out there:

Bianchi Holster

Ghost holster w/pin

Ghost Holster w/o pin

Extreme Universal Holster

011 Saf Land

012 Saf Land

Old CR speed

New CR speed

771's

773'3

CR speed

Saf. Land Belt

CR Belt

I have tried all the above and BY FAR like the whole CR setup. Belt, mag holders, and holster. VERY, VERY stable, consistent and reliable. You could not talk me into switching to anything else. It only took me forever to figure it out and decide what I liked the best and why.

• 3 months later...
I ended up buying:

CR Belt

CR Mag pouches

Ghost Holster

It'll be interesting to see how many of these I replace over the course of the year!

First change:

I've switched from the CR Speed Mag Pouches to the Safariland 773s.

Oh, and I'm currently using a Limcat Holster since there was a delay on the Ghost.

Just in the interests of a complete and accurate record:

I'm still using the CR Speed Belt (although I may need to get another since the velcro is peeling)

I'm using the Ghost (as originally planned) in place of the Limcat.

I'm still using mainly 773s. The front mag puch transformed into a 771 for a while and is now an Extreme. This seems to be faster and more secure than anything else I've tried.

This might stay constant for a while 'cause I think I've tried everything now :P

Kevin