Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limited Gun on order

zhunter

So, to recap, we are talking about a light, high cap, 5" bushing gun on a short, narrow STI frame.

Personally, I think that's the way to go... that or a bull barrel on the same setup... just my prefs, though... ;)

Personally, I think that's the way to go... that or a bull barrel on the same setup... just my prefs, though... ;)

Yup, I got one of each. My current USPSA set up is 37 ounce, bull barrel, steel ms housing, short WIDE dc.

But I do have a 32 ounce, plastic MS housing IDPA legal, bushing barrel, light rail gun too.

Ain't got no 6"er yet, but Venry has been very busy.

No, just asking if you'd rather have 6" or 5"....in THIS you have a choice.. :rolleyes:

Maybe, when given a choice in life, you SHOULD opt for the extra INCH!!! :unsure:

Juat like Mae West said..."...too much of anything is wonderful....." or something to that effect...

Out of curiosity, who among the very best shooters uses the 6" slide in Limited/L10? Are they pretty popular at the highest level? Why or why not?

Boo

I believe that TGO used one to win L-10 this year.

of course you could have also said "TGO used a George Foreman Grill, or a Sonicare Toothbrush, or a Celery Stalk with Peanut Butter in it" I got the distinct impression he was not going to be denied this year from those in trail.

So far 6" guns seem to wander in and out of being tried. Chris Tilley had one a couple years ago, so did Mike Voigt and of course TGO. I don't know how many of "the boys" are using them or have tried them.

I'll bet you don't see ONE at next years Nats....

...Can't fit 'em in the box and it's a World Shoot year.

So, this year and 09 will be good times to watch. As I am not going to the WSXV, at least there are no plans to, I'm gonna give one a whirl.

Edited by dirtypool40