Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting With The Big Guys Like Bob Vogel

MichiganShootist

I shot at the Up North Classic Regional Sanctioned IDPA match this past weekend in Cadilliac, Michigan. It was a great match with ten tough innovative stages. Many thanks to the MD and staff. There were about 100 shooters from as far away as Alabama, Arkansas, and Oklahoma.

I was in the same squad with Bob Vogel.... whose cat like speed is always a trip to watch. "How about 14 shots on 7 widely scattered targets, at distances out to 15 yards, all from a sitting position in a moving boat.... in 7.7 seconds"????

As it worked out----our squad of nine shooters won the following bling--- making us the unofficial Super Squad :cheers:

High Overall Shooter

High Law Enforcement

ESP Division Champ

ESP Master First Place

SSP Division Champ

SSP Master First Place

SSP Marksman First Place

ESR Division Champ

ESR Master First Place

ESR Expert First Place

CDP Sharpshooter Second Place

CDP Sharpshooter Third Place

I just missed most accurate by 4 points too :rolleyes:

If you are adding them up---- Bob won 4.... and they awarded Division and First place awards to the same winners in many cases. So 7 out of our 9 shooters "scored".

I shot at the Up North Classic Regional Sanctioned IDPA match this past weekend in Cadilliac, Michigan. It was a great match with ten tough innovative stages. Many thanks to the MD and staff. There were about 100 shooters from as far away as Alabama, Arkansas, and Oklahoma.

I was in the same squad with Bob Vogel.... whose cat like speed is always a trip to watch. "How about 14 shots on 7 widely scattered targets, at distances out to 15 yards, all from a sitting position in a moving boat.... in 7.7 seconds"????

As it worked out----our squad of nine shooters won the following bling--- making us the unofficial Super Squad :cheers:

High Overall Shooter

High Law Enforcement

ESP Division Champ

ESP Master First Place

SSP Division Champ

SSP Master First Place

SSP Marksman First Place

ESR Division Champ

ESR Master First Place

ESR Expert First Place

CDP Sharpshooter Second Place

CDP Sharpshooter Third Place

I just missed most accurate by 4 points too :rolleyes:

If you are adding them up---- Bob won 4.... and they awarded Division and First place awards to the same winners in many cases. So 7 out of our 9 shooters "scored".

Thought IDPA did not award HOA

When did IDPA start shooting from moving (platforms) boats ? :blink:

Bob is great to shoot with. He treats everyone he shoots with like you are his very best friend. He helps paste and set steel. And he helps other shooters out with tips & strategies.

Yes Bob is good people. Probably the best in the Midwest. Hey ............. that rhymes. :rolleys: Could be Bob's new nickname! ;)

Of course you guys are right about the high overall......(That is only in USPSA)..... But everone still looks to see what the lowest score posted was..... especially since there are so many cross over guns now. Some Glocks can shoot in 3 Divisions.

So we "only" won 11 awards in our squad. :devil:

Regarding the "boat"..... I have shot from a moving vehicle, ran beside and shot through the windows of a moving "fake" car, from a swinging bridge, a chute harness, and now a boat.... all in IDPA matches over the past 18 months or less. I shoot USPSA and IDPA... and IMO at the larger IDPA matches their quality or "props" and such are actually more elaborate than most USPSA matches that I have attended.

On the topic of shooting with the big guys... It just must be a good year for me. At the Single Stack Classic I had Mike Seeklander and Phil Strader in my squad----- Or I guess I should say... I was in their squad.... since they were both top 10 finishers.

Edited by MichiganShootist