Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Silver Creek ICORE IN

Hi all,

Silver Creek will be hosting another ICORE match at the Silver Creek Conservation Club 7/29/2007. I will be unable to attend, as I will be at the Central States match in MI, but fellow forum member, Dave Merryman will be running the match. Match starts at 10.30am, and I am sure that Dave would appreciate some assistance with setting up and pulling down.

Have fun, and shoot safe.... :cheers:

Regards

Mark

Edited by Pin Shooter

I plan on five stages. I haven't designed them yet but I think we need at least one with looong targets. I think we can get 35-40 yds in one of the bays. We'll have a few speed shoots too. We need that Kentucky star too. (It's like the Texas star but all the plates are from the same stock.)

Set up/tear down help is appreciated.

I have no toothpaste for the prize table.

We will have fun.

Dave

I plan on five stages. I haven't designed them yet but I think we need at least one with looong targets. I think we can get 35-40 yds in one of the bays. We'll have a few speed shoots too. We need that Kentucky star too. (It's like the Texas star but all the plates are from the same stock.)

Set up/tear down help is appreciated.

I have no toothpaste for the prize table.

We will have fun.

Dave

If we were really clever we could set up as soon as the steel match is over Saturday. :cheers:

Dale,

I was planning on mowing Saturday but you may have a great idea there.

What if we moved all your steel 3" to the right and tell everyone it's an ICORE steel match? When they say "it's just like yesterday" we can say...no, it's not!

Dave

OK the stages are up and posted in my basement. If you can get past the Airedales, you can see them. I have five stages mostly speedy stuff. The star is included.

I will likely email Mark the stages. That way if it blows chunks I can blame it on him.

I may drag out something fun to shoot like the 38/44 Heavy Duty I traded Mr. Overlay out of.

Join us!

Set up will be Sunday morning.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...
We don't even have to move 'em Dave, just paint 'em a different color. :cheers:
For those of us with black sights, how about not having black shoot targets next time.

Other than the black Texas Star, it was a good match.

Thanks to Dave and to everyone that helped.

Richard

Would you believe that was a 'tactical' exercise to simulate low light shooting?????

Would you believe black was the only color paint left by the time.....

Oh, never mind.

Richard,

Black targets with black sights is easy...............................

If you can't see the sights either they are on target or you are so far off they are gone!!!!! :surprise:

It is a little thing I too toss at my guys every now and then. B)

Hop

Any word on scores?

H.

Mark and I weren't able to meet this past weekend. I hope to see him at Silver Creek this Sunday and give him all the paperwork. I've not attempted to figure the scores as I have never done it before.

Dave

Hi Dave!

It appears to be an addition thing: http://www.icore.org/rulebook.html#Targets

:cheers:

SECTION 6 TARGETS/SCORING

6. Scoring is done on a "total time" basis. The accumulated time of all runs, plus target hits, plus penalties equal total time. That will be the score. On the D-1 targets A zone hits add 0 seconds, B zone hits add 1 second, and the C zone adds 2 seconds. If a hit breaks the perforation, the shooter is given the better score. Targets that disappear during the course of fire will not be given penalties for failure to engage, but will receive miss penalties, targets that some portion remains visible will receive both penalties. Steel targets are scored as a simple hit or miss. Knockdown targets must be knocked down to score as a hit.

7. The following penalties may be assessed during scoring:

1. Miss 5 seconds. 2. Hitting No Shoot 5 seconds if hole is full bullet diameter and inside the perforations on border of target. 3. Premature start 5 seconds. 4. Foot Fault 5 seconds. 5. Failure to engage 5 seconds per target. 6. Procedural 5 seconds. 7. Extra shot 5 seconds (Shots limited). 8. Extra hit 5 seconds (Shots limited). 9. Overtime shots

(Fixed time stage) 10 seconds. Each shot fired beyond the fixed time plus 0.30 seconds shall be scored as an overtime shot. (Revised 2/16/06) 10. Failure to hit Stop Plate 30 seconds.

Edited by AikiDale

Hi Guys,

I will be there this weekend, and I will get Kevin to post the scores on the Silver Creek site soon after.

The old black texas star trick hey....... :unsure:

The deviosness sounds excellent. I wish I was there.............. :rolleyes:

Thanks

Mark

Hi Guys,

I will be there this weekend, and I will get Kevin to post the scores on the Silver Creek site soon after.

The old black texas star trick hey....... :unsure:

The deviosness sounds excellent. I wish I was there.............. :rolleyes:

Thanks

Mark

I can come to Silver Creek Sunday with the papers/fees/etc.

The star wasn't all black-it was really dusty!

Dave