Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need Help: Best Tactical then competition oriented sights

JTR

Hey gang, I’m looking for some help with sight selection.

I’ve got a small pile of Glocks, most used for "homeland defense," a couple different pieces to carry and then the Practical/Tactical G34 and G35.

I’d like to put the same sights on all of them, but need something that lends itself to competitive shooting with the G34 and G35.

With that in mind; to be "Tactical" first and "Practical" (game gun) second, which sights do you all recommend?

I’ve been eyeing the Custom Glock Racing Heinie Slant Pro Straight Eight w/CGR Race cut.

Your thoughts?

Any true tactical sights are going to be tritium. You won't find any LEO worth his weight without them. The fact is you need to see your sights day and night and tritium is the only way to go. I don't know if the heinie your talking about are tritium or not but if so, there ya go. My work gun that I shoot sometimes for competition has Tru Glo TFO's. tritium and fiber optic. I like'em. Front sight is a tad wide but it works great for work, tactical first. My 2 cents

Warren Sights website

I have a set of the Tactical with fiber optic front sight. Absolutely love the sights.

You could probably get a different variation for several of your pistols, just so you can get a feel for the different versions. I would agree that a duty/personal Defense ("Homeland Defense") pistol NEEDS night sights!

At this risk of receiving all kinds of abuse, look at www.advantagetactical.com

I tried them on a Glock just to see if it would be better with aging eyes and left eye dominance. Getting rid of the Glock (just can't warm up to the gun), but am working with them on revolvers. I especially like the large field of view, especially on small or partial targets. One needs to adjust one's brain to use them well. But this is not the time for me to go into detailing my experience. Trust your judgement.

No, the Bo-mars on 1911's are not being replaced. And, no, I have no financial interest in the company.