Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sigma Model SW9F for Production

Demetrio

I have a chance to get a Sigma SW9F for a good price from a co-worker of mine. My question is: is it a good option for Production division?

Get an M&P. You'll love it. Much better than the Sigma.

Very heavy trigger pull. You should try shooting it before you by it.

I completely agree. Many people have issues with the trigger pull (especially for competative use) and there is no easy way to "fix" it. The SW9F is the older model that is no longer sold. The trigger pull on it will be better than a new sigma, but still not realistically adjustable. Either love the stock pistol or don't buy it. For serious use, avoid +p+ ammo. The extra recoil and higher slide velocity keeps the sear block from always resetting properly. It should be fine with normal 9mm ammo. On the new generation sigmas, S&W added a second spring to the sear block and that is a major reason for the heavy trigger pull. With the F model sigma, you'll be limited to older magazines, the ones for the new generation sigma will be slightly too short.

If you have the money (find a second job if you don't), get an M&P or a Glock or an XD. The M&P grip feels somewhat like the sigma (that's a good thing), but the stock trigger pull is better and can be improved even more. IMHO the best thing a sigma has going for it now is a selling price of $300 new for something that is reliable.

Edited by 1911user

Thanks for all the inputs. B)

For some reason I liked the angle of the Sigma grip better than the Glock, but I also noticed the heavier trigger of the S&W compared with the Glock. It seems like I'd better to get used to the angle of the Glock grip instead of going with the Sigma. :unsure:

Not to mention the difficulty to get two other extra magazines for the Sigma here in Brazil, since the one I have on view has two magazines only. :unsure:

Edited by Demetrio