Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looking for a new video camera something around the 400dollar Max range. Not sure what to get there are 2 cameras that i was looking at a panasonic Pvgs320 Which is a 3ccd camera which i thought made it better. I was also looking at a Sony dcrhc28 "handycam i think is what its called" i am not knowledgeable on these subject so advice is needed? you feel i have a better deal with another brand or model number please recommend!!! thanks for taking the time to read this post!!

Joey

I did some research for my daughter this spring on digicams. We looked at several models in the $300 or so range and narrowed it down to the Panasonic ZR series and the Sony 'handycam' ones. The miniDV format is on the way out so you can get some really good deals on them with all the cool features at that range. She ended up choosing the Panasonic ZR 850 and it's been a great little camera! It takes a really good looking still picture and nice video quality. And it's durable enough that at 13 she hasn't broken it, yet! I got her a 2GB flash memory card and it works great for her. The way to go is all digital with built in hard drive, but they are still pricy and you don't get all the cool features at a reasonable price.

My research is about six months old and we all know electronic crap moves at the speed of light, but I hope it helps!!!