Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ghost holster and para or maybe 1911 frame

adiksaputok

• 2 months later...
Guys, FWIW, I have been using a Ghost new Singlestack unit for the last month, getting ready for the Steel Challenge. I was warned from Angus that it doesnt work as well as the STIs, but for me it is fine. There is some back and forth(front to back) wobble, and yes, I tried the safety off hammer drop and it does that too.

Using the holster at the range or at home dryfiring I cant get it to do anything but work properly. Just standing and drawing, which is what I intend to use it for, it works great so far.

I hope someone finds this helpful.

DougC

Doug,

Sorry if I'm resurrecting an old topic but I just read your reply more thoroughly and I'm a little confused "There is some back and forth(front to back) wobble, and yes, I tried the safety off hammer drop and it does that too." Does that mean it does drop the hammer?

For all others....any suggestions?

I've modified my Ghost with a "barrel support" ala Safariland 012, so it's safe now. I was just wondering if the single stack Ghost is better? Being left-handed with a Para, it makes my holster search difficult. Safariland doesn't lock positively, unmodified Ghost lets the hammer go, CR doesn't make a left-hand version, Xtreme doesn't make a holster to fit, Rubus doesn't make a left-hand, Limcat's are out of stock every place I've looked, it looks like SpeedSec is the same as Garcia's holster, Arredondo, I don't know anything about.....did I miss any?

I haven't tried the ghost for 1911 but if it has a rounded base for the round trigger guard you should be good to go. I know Chuck at shooters connection said the speed sec held 1911s well.

What do you mean by "rounded base"? Are you talking about the holster itself NOT like the picture in post 26 of this thread?

Shooter's Connection doesn't list a left-handed, 1911 Speed Sec holster. Maybe I need to give him a call.

Thanks,

"There is some back and forth(front to back) wobble,

I've modified my Ghost with a "barrel support" ala Safariland 012, so it's safe now.

i have been using my ghost holster for my paraord frame for the past 4 or 5 matches, but last saturday i almost drop my para. the problem was the weight of the loaded mags tends tilt the gun backwards, i don't want to buy another holster or another rig and i don't want the hassle of changing my hoslter when shooting STI frame to 1911 or vise versa so i tried inserting a pin to hold the trigger guard in place i will post pics later if you need it....

Edited by adiksaputok

I haven't tried the ghost for 1911 but if it has a rounded base for the round trigger guard you should be good to go. I know Chuck at shooters connection said the speed sec held 1911s well.

What do you mean by "rounded base"? Are you talking about the holster itself NOT like the picture in post 26 of this thread?

Shooter's Connection doesn't list a left-handed, 1911 Speed Sec holster. Maybe I need to give him a call.

Thanks,

I'm referring to where the trigger guard sits inside the ghost. I think will be rounded to match the rounded trigger guard of a typical 1911. The STI type I have is flat and works great with my new STI but the para has a little wiggle. I know I said at the beginning of this thread that I didn't have any problems with my ghost but as it broke in the para got more and more loose and I started using kydex until my STI was build. Now I'm on the hunt for another STI for a back up so everything will be the same if I have to switch.

Edited by steel1212

"There is some back and forth(front to back) wobble,

I've modified my Ghost with a "barrel support" ala Safariland 012, so it's safe now.

i have been using my ghost holster for my paraord frame for the past 4 or 5 matches, but last saturday i almost drop my para. the problem was the weight of the loaded mags tends tilt the gun backwards, i don't want to buy another holster or another rig and i don't want the hassle of changing my hoslter when shooting STI frame to 1911 or vise versa so i tried inserting a pin to hold the trigger guard in place i will post pics later if you need it....

A picture sure would be nice, if you have the time, unless you're talking about a pin like the original Ghost holsters had.

Just got a Speedsec holster mounted on my belt. I've been doing some dry fire draws and I'm very happy. :D The Para Ordnance and 1911's are very secure when locked and as secure as the Ghost when it's unlocked....and no matter what I do, I can't get the hammers to drop in the holster. I can hardly wait for the next match to try it!!