Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Something interesting

hopalong

Found a pair of 25s yesterday with not even marks on the cylinders, man wants $1200 bucks for the pair.........Kind of high for me but I have not seen any as good as these yet. Thinking of getting them to put back for a later date.

He also had a pair of 6 inch 57s in sequential serial numbers, they really peaked my interest as I really like .41 mags (he also had a 5 inch 657 that really, really, really got my attention but he was about 150 bucks high so I am letting it sit) the 57s are 85 to 90 % with a few scratches on the grips and a few marks on the cylinders where they had been turned dry firing.......wants 700 bucks each, way too much for me but I thought I'd let some others know.

Hop

Dennis,

No I don't on the year, but they are both 6 inch guns.

I bit the bullet and decided to purchase the two 25s........man am I crazy or what? that is the most I have paid for any Smith & Wesson Revo I have! :blink: except the unfired 646.

I will let the two 57s sit, and if they sit around a little while. I will give him an offer on them too.

Hop

You did fine on the 25s.N frames are going up in price lately.The model 58s are actually going for more than the 57s according to the S&W forum but $700 for a 57 is too much.

Well I went to the storage area for unused/seldom used guns to compare my 25-2 that I had put back to the 2 I have just purchased and low and behold................

The one I had already has some imperfections (cylinder marks, and such) so it will now get the "ACTION PISTOL treatment" to be used in the azz kicking of many bottom feeders and such.

I also was comparing it to my 25-2 that I have already to rock and noticed a small difference....................

The one I had put back is a 6 1/2 inch gun !!! :D:D

A few minor modifications, chamfer job, new Millet sight and she'll be ready to ROCK !!!!!

Actually getting fired up about this, It may get me out to the range even. :blink::blink::blink:

Side note: The 57s are still there for now.

Hop

Well I went to the storage area for unused/seldom used guns to compare my 25-2 that I had put back to the 2 I have just purchased and low and behold................

The one I had already has some imperfections (cylinder marks, and such) so it will now get the "ACTION PISTOL treatment" to be used in the azz kicking of many bottom feeders and such.

I also was comparing it to my 25-2 that I have already to rock and noticed a small difference....................

The one I had put back is a 6 1/2 inch gun !!! :D:D

A few minor modifications, chamfer job, new Millet sight and she'll be ready to ROCK !!!!!

Actually getting fired up about this, It may get me out to the range even. :blink::blink::blink:

Side note: The 57s are still there for now.

Hop

Hop do you have a Salt Mine Gun Safe or what? I "WISH" :blink: I had enough Pistole's to forget what I had.

We are all drooling over the idea of a 6 1/2" M25.

• 3 months later...

Anyone put a Ti cylinder in a M25-2 and use it for USPSA? I've read some of the other postings and it seems like some of you have tried it but I don't remember seeing anyone with them last year at the Nationals (2006).

Hey Hop, who did the "Action Pistol treatment," ;) as if I don't know, and what was done to get them ready to rock? Did you leave in the factory trigger and hammer?

I've been thinking of tricking out a M25 with a Ti cylinder and replacing the trigger and hammer with Carmoney style work on the hammer. Basically, I would take out the factory parts for preservation of original equipment and use new parts for competition, wear and tear.

Any suggestions?

Redmist,

"Action Pistol" treatment or rather "Butchery by Hopalong!"

It had a .500 wide grooved trigger, and I replaced it with a .400 smooth. Original hammer with the original trigger sitting in the house for spare or whatever.

I put a Vic Pickett Black Majik kit in it while I was in there doing my VOO DOO majik. :devil:

Nemo has a Ti cylinder in his too, so you can ask Pat or Nemo what they think.

Need more info drop me a PM.

Hop