Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reapplying TruGrip

Micah

Eric,

I have one question for you that will most likely turn into a multi part answer.

I have a G 35 that I want to try something different on. The grips have been stippled, and they just don't give as much grip

as I would like to have had.

With that said, I was wanting to know if you think your product would be able to stick to the surface with its alteration?

And if so, do you think...(no hold on to your hat for this one...) a guy could vacuum it to the grip so that it might conform to the stippling??

I know that these might be a stretch, but figured it might be worth the question. Been thinking of it for a little while now.

Thanks for your time

Todd

Eric,

I have one question for you that will most likely turn into a multi part answer.

I have a G 35 that I want to try something different on. The grips have been stippled, and they just don't give as much grip

With that said, I was wanting to know if you think your product would be able to stick to the surface with its alteration?

And if so, do you think...(no hold on to your hat for this one...) a guy could vacuum it to the grip so that it might conform to the stippling??

I know that these might be a stretch, but figured it might be worth the question. Been thinking of it for a little while now.

Thanks for your time

Todd

Hi Todd,

Pretty sure that won't work. At this point, your options are to smooth out the stippling or try something like truck bed liner. Or...do the epoxy and grit like a Scott grip for the S_I.

Eric,

Thanks for your time

Todd

Hi Todd,

Pretty sure that won't work. At this point, your options are to smooth out the stippling or try something like truck bed liner. Or...do the epoxy and grit like a Scott grip for the S_I.

Eric,

What do you think might be a good type of grit to use?

Thanks for the response and your

time again,

Todd

Eric,

Thanks for your time

Todd

Hi Todd,

Eric,

What do you think might be a good type of grit to use?

Thanks for the response and your

time again,

Todd

Hi Todd,

Honestly, I don't know. Scott Springer of Springer Precision (Loves2shoot) is probably the best expert here on that.

Dude...there is this thing called a warranty. Sound like you need to write the deadbeat manufacturer and tell him to send you a new grip in replacement for the one that obviously failed under normal usage.

I must say that it was this reply, along with the others, that prompted me to order a set of grip tapes and the glue kit.

AFAIC this is integrity.

Thanks Eric.