Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Press height?

I am looking for a measurment from the top of your reloading bench to the top of the case feeder bowl. I think I may have to switch what bench does what as I think my current reloading bench is too tall and the case feeder may hit the ceiling. I live in an old house currently, and if I can't get to the bowl to add cases I am going to be stuck.

Thanks everyone, I am still stuck on the 550/650 fence.

Remember that you can always cut down the casefeed post that holds the case feeder bowl.

I ended up taking off 2.25" from the top of the casefeed post when I got my XL650 so that it would fit on my bench. My XL 650 sits on a 650 strongmount and it is approximately 38.50" from the table to the top of the casefeeder.

Hope that helps...

Cor

On my bench, the height to the top of the bench is 32", and the height that the 650 sets above the bench is 42.5" to the top of the casefeeder. The strong mount that I have is the taller one, I think it is the 550/650 combo mount. I wanted the higher mount so the 650 handle would set about the same height as the 1050 handle.

Hope this helps a little.

dillon2.jpg

Thanks guys, after more reading and several correspondances with Brian I am going to go with the 550 and take it from there. If i ever start shooting the 1k a week and more like some of you guys I will step up the the 650 or 1050.

Since this thread's title asks about the 650's height:

Dimensions - Machine/Strong Mount

6.5" 650 ONLY Strong Mount raises machine

8.5" 550/650 Strong Mount raises machine

8" Height of Ball Handle from top of bench without Strong Mount

7.5" Height of Roller Handle from top of bench without Strong Mount

14.0" Is total handle height w/Roller Handle and 650 ONLY Strong Mount

38.5" Height of 650 w/Casfeeder WITHOUT Strong Mount

45" Height of 650 w/Casfeeder WITH 650 ONLY Strong Mount

On my bench, the height to the top of the bench is 32", and the height that the 650 sets above the bench is 42.5" to the top of the casefeeder. The strong mount that I have is the taller one, I think it is the 550/650 combo mount. I wanted the higher mount so the 650 handle would set about the same height as the 1050 handle.

That's good info - which I didn't know (but couldn't have calculated from all the notes I have).

Thanks,

be

I have always felt the case feeder on a 650 was way too high. Without some other support the case feeder just moves around too much. It has an effect on the way the case feeder feeds and also affects the primer primer system( hard to believe but it does). Before you say it, my bench is rock solid. By shortening thr stalk for the case feeder you can really elimate a lot of this movement and shake. And you can load the casefeeder without a ladder. My machine sits on a 8 1/2in strong mt. and is 36 inches tall. Works like a champ.---------------Larry

Edited by lkytx

• 8 months later...
Remember that you can always cut down the casefeed post that holds the case feeder bowl.

I ended up taking off 2.25" from the top of the casefeed post when I got my XL650 so that it would fit on my bench. My XL 650 sits on a 650 strongmount and it is approximately 38.50" from the table to the top of the casefeeder.

Hope that helps...

Cor

You must have an older model case feeder. Mine has to be lowered about 2" but if I do what you did I have a crossmember for the tubes that'll prevent the case feeder from sliding down the needed amount after I cut off some. I bought my case feeder last year directly from Dillon. Can't wait to get it set up. Anyone here ever run into this ? Thanks Edited by RugerFan58