Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

25-2 for sale

cliffwalsh

Luke went to the local gun show today and saw a 25-2 which looked to be unfired. It was in the old blue paper box with paperwork. The guy wanted $750. I don't know if he will come down on the price.

If it is unfired, is that a bad price??

Luke went to the local gun show today and saw a 25-2 which looked to be unfired. It was in the old blue paper box with paperwork. The guy wanted $750. I don't know if he will come down on the price.

If it is unfired, is that a bad price??

Hi Cliff

I bought one last year in mint shape at a gun shop in northern MI

I paid 425 for the gun

It didn't have papers or the box

but I wanted one just to have one

Gary

Cliff,

As Airedale said, it is too high but in that condition it will most likely bring that much or dang close to it.

Blue N frames ("ain't") getting any cheaper sadly. I sold a good one last year and kinda regret it now but I wasn't shooting it or gonna shoot it and wanted something else.

Tony

Hey by the way, you are shooting the GA state match aren't you? I know I told you at area 6 I wasn't but I changed my mind I will be there. Shooting limited 10 though. :ph34r: Hope to see you there.

Edited by vrmn1

Cliff,

Is it too high? Yes it is.

However, as new in box, with papers will likely fetch the money. If Luke is going to shoot it, he'll kill that value.

I hope that makes some sense.

Dave

Dave, you are too nice. I wouldn't go so far as to call what Luke would do 'shooting' though I'm sure he would ruin the value...

Tony, good news. I'm shooting Sat PM. Stop by.

Edited by cliffwalsh

$750 is more than I would pay, but as others have already pointed out, it probably WILL bring that...and WHATEVER Luke does to it :) will probably diminish it's value! IF he wants one, he'd do better to try and find one at the high end of "Shooter Grade"...better price, and probably couldn't hurt the value by shooting it more...MUCH....mikey357

Cliff,

Is it too high? Yes it is.

However, as new in box, with papers will likely fetch the money. If Luke is going to shoot it, he'll kill that value.

I hope that makes some sense.

Dave

Dave, you are too nice. I wouldn't go so far as to call what Luke would do 'shooting' though I'm sure he would ruin the value...

Tony, good news. I'm shooting Sat PM. Stop by.

Great, I am shooting Sat am so I get to watch you and see how you GM's do it with a revolver. :bow:

I didn't get to see any of that at area 6.

$750 is more than I would pay, but as others have already pointed out, it probably WILL bring that...and WHATEVER Luke does to it :) will probably diminish it's value! IF he wants one, he'd do better to try and find one at the high end of "Shooter Grade"...better price, and probably couldn't hurt the value by shooting it more...MUCH....mikey357

Luke was not going to buy it. He saw it and told me about it and I was concidering. I figure with Nemo blowing them up left and right, how many more can there be??

I'm not going to make it to the gun show today so I won't get to haggle with the guy. I don't think that price is out of line if the gun is unfired. I have a few and I paid from $325 to $500 but they all have been shot. It would cool to have one NIB. Maybe it will be there at the next show.

Luke was not going to buy it. He saw it and told me about it and I was concidering. I figure with Nemo blowing them up left and right, how many more can there be??

Well... What can I say? I'm sure there are many more out there I can blowup for Luke to buy cheap. <_<

Well, Cliff, had I known it was YOU considering it, I would have suggested a slightly DIFFERENT "Tactical Approach"...remember the old Doctor Hook song where they go, "...tell them who we are!!!"? YOU should tell the dealer who YOU are, and I bet he'd cut, oh, fourty or fifty percent off the "Asking Price", minimum...but don't be surprised if you hafta' sign some AUTOGRAPHS, too...for his "Kids", of course... :) ....mikey357

Well, Cliff, had I known it was YOU considering it, I would have suggested a slightly DIFFERENT "Tactical Approach"...remember the old Doctor Hook song where they go, "...tell them who we are!!!"? YOU should tell the dealer who YOU are, and I bet he'd cut, oh, fourty or fifty percent off the "Asking Price", minimum...but don't be surprised if you hafta' sign some AUTOGRAPHS, too...for his "Kids", of course... :) ....mikey357

Last time I tried that the price went up......damn the Club Orleans!