Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

.22 conversion

It'll fit for sure. The 22 conversion kits can be a bit tricky to make them reliable. I have one and I haven't spent that much time with it, but it's a jamming SOB. Light strikes has been my troubles, but I'm sure that can be remedied with a little time invested. Just never got to it..

Thanks for the info, Henning. I would have thought more people had tried the .22 upper. I know it doesn't simulate recoil, but it sure seems like I could save alot on ammo by doing a good bit of training with the 22. I may go ahead and get one and see if I can fix it to where it's not a jamamatic.

A lot of people find that CCI MiniMag ammo will end malfunctions in semiautos. Not the cheapest 22LR stuff out there but very clean-burning, accurate, & hi-energy. Works 100% in my Glock 22 conversion when most other ammo will choke.

• 9 months later...
Does anyone know if the Witness 22 conversions will work, or can be made to work on the Elite Match guns?

I just registered on this forum. It's great there's now a top-notch Tanfoglio store in Colorado. Better yet, it's pretty close to Fort Collins, where I live. Anyway, it's good to be here.

I put the .22 conversion on my full-sized .45 Witness. I too have had some problems and I too haven't spent much time trying to make them go away. The light strikes are frustrating. I think that with some effort I can make it all work though. The lack of recoil is great and of course the ammo is cheap. I want to improve the reliabilty of my .22 conversion, so if you or anyone else on this thread have any tips or want to bounce ideas back and forth, please let me know.

I have had light strikes and feeding issues. The light strikes were on my Limited (lighter hammer spring) and Match (lighter hammer spring) but on my second match, that's bone stock, it would ignite maybe 90%...that's still one fail to fire per mag. Feeding issues I could not get over - polished the ramp and all the typical things. Overall it's good for having trigger time and the forum member who sold it to me was generous on his price, so I'm not out a lot. But if you want to shoot a reliable 22lr, get a Ruger. :D If you want to get trigger time on your EAA and you're willing to accept or work through the problems, get the conversion.

~Mitch

• 1 month later...

I have had my .22 conversion on a Limited Custom (small frame 9MM) for about 8 months. Had some trouble with the slide not locking completely, but after polishing the grove on the barrel for the extractor and the extractor, it works 100%. I am using CCI standard and have no feeding problems. I compete in the Norwegian "finfelt" division with the .22 and then put on the 9mm for the "militærfelt" division.

• 8 months later...

Bought my 22 conversion kit in late October 08 when I bought my Match. Ended up being the wrong kit (marked large frame, but was a small frame). EAA indicated that it was an error from mfg. shipped it back to EAA. They mentioned again this month that they are still waiting on the correct large frame 22 kits. Current ETA is end of January. If anyone knows where I can get one retail, pls let me know. . . .

It'll fit for sure. The 22 conversion kits can be a bit tricky to make them reliable. I have one and I haven't spent that much time with it, but it's a jamming SOB. Light strikes has been my troubles, but I'm sure that can be remedied with a little time invested. Just never got to it..

I found that the spring from a ball point pen was almost the same size as the firing pin spring. So will to tinker, I swapped it and never had another light strike again. I'm not saying it was right, but it worked for me.