Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dry Firing With Mossberg 590

sslav

The heading summarises it all. So far I have taped down the bolt release and have dry fired it with safety on. Is there any harm in actually pulling the trigger?

Slav

Most shotguns are not cosidered "Dry Fireable" - the hammer is really heavy and can lead to part failures. I would suggest getting some A-Zoom Snap Caps for dry firing.

I dry fire mine a lot. Absolutly no sign of any wear or damage to any parts when I detail strip and clean it. The hammer in this thing is actually very light for a shotgun and all internals are built like a tank. I am going to continue to dry fire it as is and if anything ever breaks because of it I will let you know. I dont believe you will here from me again on this subject.

I dry fire mine a lot. Absolutly no sign of any wear or damage to any parts when I detail strip and clean it. The hammer in this thing is actually very light for a shotgun and all internals are built like a tank. I am going to continue to dry fire it as is and if anything ever breaks because of it I will let you know. I dont believe you will here from me again on this subject.

Thanks for the info.

Slav