Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fiocchi low recoil slugs

I have an m1 super 90 24 inch barrell 10 shot tube, open class. Just got some Fiocchi slugs to try and when I honker down to shoot them it will eject the fired round but not cycle a new one, when I hold the gun loose it runs fine. I got a standard recoil spring in the gun and it will shoot 3 dram shells all day long. My question is do I cut down the recoil spring or take some off the inertia spring? Also if all else being equal want would a lightend bolt do fer me for this promblem? Also it is a straight stock.

I run a standard Benelli configuration and have had issues similar to yours with low recoil slugs. Since I reload shotshells for clay games, I reload slugs with Lyman 525 gr @1250 for tactical or 3-gun games.

• 2 weeks later...

After a conversation with Triangle Shooting Sports concering my problem with Fiocchi slugs they informed me that a 'batch' of 7/8 ounce slugs got in the 1 ounce boxes. After talking to Fiocchi this was indeed the problem. All is being taken care of by them in a very professionl way. Thanks to whom ever I spoke to at Triangle and to the gal I spoke to at the Fiocchi sales branch in Nevada . My bolt is on its way to the boys in Texas as we speak. Larry