Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pics & Video from May13th USPSA match

mcb

Web page with diagrams (some still to come), pictures and head cam video from the match.

Rather than hot link it all here in the thread I just created a quick and simple web page for the match. Click the link above. The match was four stages just shy of 100rd. Your's truly (mcb) designed Stage 3: Hold Still its the only stage with a diagram (since I designed it) hopefully I will update that part when the stage diagrams go up on the Crooked Creek Pistol League page. The stage is only my second stage I have design and used three moving target in it.

Since I helped setup on Saturday and RO on Sunday I manage to shoot the match 3 times so you will see Limited-10, Revolver and Limited runs on two of the stages, on two others only Revolver and Limited since I forgot to turn the camera on for two of L-10 runs.

Other than 3-gun matches this was my first time shooting Limited. For Limited I use my normal XD-40 Tactical that I shoot in L-10 but I had two magazine with homemade extension and two with Arredondo Extended Base Pad so I had four 15 round magazines to shoot the stages with. I will be interested to see how I did with 15+1 against the real limited guns that are 19 or 20 + 1.

Anyway, enjoy the video and let me know if you liked it.

mcb

You did a fine job. :)

Thanks GamePlayer :)

I would be interested in specific comments on stage 3. Stage design is something I want to get better at and comment both on the good and bad of the stage would be appreciated.

Thanks

mcb

S3, T1-T3 array...

I always seperate the two targets that are touching with...something. You get into a situation there where one bullet can score on both the high and the low target. A no-shoot, hard-cover, or cutting off the head takes that away.

S3, T1-T3 array...

I always seperate the two targets that are touching with...something. You get into a situation there where one bullet can score on both the high and the low target. A no-shoot, hard-cover, or cutting off the head takes that away.

Never though of that. I have seen cases were a shooter gets both the no-shoot and the scoring hit due to and edge hit that breaks the perforation but it never occurred to me that it would happen on two overlapping scoring targets.

Does the hit count on both targets?

Say the top target has two Delta hits and the bottom target had an Alpha and a Bravo hit. The Bravo hit breaks the perforation at the top and thus is in the Alpha zone on the top target (assuming head aligned with the bottom of the the Alpha) would the score be Alpha-Delta on the top target and Alpha Bravo on the bottom target?

Thanks

mcb

Never though of that.

That's why I get the big bucks....yeah baby !!

LOL..

yeah...a perf hit could count on both.

I don't know, but if somebody were to put a rule to that...4.2.2 and 4.2.2.1 might even be made to apply (though I've never heard that done). And, maybe a little of 4.1.4.1 thrown in to the mix. (again...never heard of it used that way)

Regardless...you do have a situation where one bullet could score on two targets...which certainly isn't what you are after.

Results are in and on my first run, L-10, I placed first place, one shooter was better than me but that was on their re-shoot. We allow re-shoots but for division places only your first run counts. My re-shoot in Limited using my poor XD-40 and 15rd magazines would have landed me 2nd in Limited if it had counted. I was thoroughly surprised I did as well as I did in Limited having only 15rd magazines.

mcb

Whats the problem with it?

I've set stacked targets many times, knowing the scoring possibilities. It's part of the game.

The lack of skill is the problem I have with it.

Nobody in their right mind is going to try to get the shared hits, so it's just a game of luck. :(

---------------------

Matt, congrats on the shooting. :)

Thanks flex, I was surprised I shot Limited as well as I did, although the stages did lend themselves to not making 18+rd magazine a huge advantage.

LadyinBlue we have had a good spring but later all that green sometime is a bother. We have to mow our bays before each match or the brass just disappears in the grass. The grass also gets slick and muddy if it rains hard before a match. But all in all its pretty nice.

Thanks

mcb