Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

WTH Happened to Sandy Froman?

I must really be out of the loop. I just found out Sandy Froman is no longer the Prez of the NRA. Finally...FINALLY!! we get one of "us" in charge and she really appeared to make a big difference in the tone, maturity, and credibility of the organization's message...and...now, she's gone.

:mellow:<_< ???

I liked Sandy Froman as well. I have no reason to fear the election of Sigler yet, but to be perfectly honest, I have been nervous about the NRA being the primary lobbyist for the Second Amendment since the first time the AWB reared it's ugly head.

The president usually serves a 1 year term and the election takes place at the annual convention. Sounds like this other person was elected last month in St Louis.

Heston was the exception, he served multiple years. Mainly because he had such a large public profile.

Their succession is almost preordained, they seem to know a year in advance who will be the Pres.

Thanks. Just seemed weird that someone who actually represented the *majority* of gun owners failed to be re-elected after a relatively short stint.

Edited by EricW

They may have just put her in as a token female for PR purposes. Kind of like they knew she'd only serve a 1 year term from the beginning. I mean, who could follow Heston anyway?

I wonder if they considered the Nuge? :D

They may have just put her in as a token female for PR purposes. Kind of like they knew she'd only serve a 1 year term from the beginning. I mean, who could follow Heston anyway?

I wonder if they considered the Nuge? :D

Token female? How soon we forget, former NRA President and current NRA Board Member, Marion Hammer.