Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Staying Focused

mcb

No don't shoot six and reload; <_< shoot it like every shot counts and is 1/6 of you magazine capacity. I came to this conclussion after a compete L-10 crash and burn at a local match last weekend but then re-shot the same match great with my revolver.

This probably does not make complete sense :wacko: to all but I have found that when I shoot a stage with my revolver I am extraordinarily focus on my execution. Still try to go fast but speed takes second fiddle to being very deliberate with my shots. I make every shot count and plan my reloads and contingency plans much more carefully.

With L-10 I find I often have extra rounds in my plan and if I don't stop myself I will make mental comments to myself like "I can just throw an extra round or two at that piece of steel" or similar. This makes me lax and unfocused and I miss a lot more with my L-10 then my revolver.

I use to think my revolver just shot better and that may be a small part of it but I thinks its more the attitude I bring when its revolver and not L-10. Think it through like a revolver shooter and then make allowances on your reloads for your bottom feeder but never loose the revolver focus.

A round gun perspective (foot in bucket)

mcb

...I have found that when I shoot a stage with my revolver I am extraordinarily focus on my execution. Still try to go fast but speed takes second fiddle to being very deliberate with my shots. I make every shot count and plan my reloads and contingency plans much more carefully.

mcb

+1 to that. I had that "realization" a few million times over the years. ;) Which means I never really learned it.

:D

be