Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Injury At Area 6

DrawandDuck

I feel your pain. I did something similar several years ago chasing a 16 year old drug dealer. I should have went around the bus stop bench but instead my old but tried to go over it instead "SNAP". Just like that, i'm down for 5 months. Good Luck. Speady recovery to you. If your lucky you will get a physical therapist as cute as mine. :D

OUCH!!!

First post to the forum (everyone stare and point at the newbie) but for some reason this thread really caught my eye.

I wonder, would any sort of stretching and warm-up exercises prior to a match help avoid something like this? It's particularly interesting to me as I've just recently started shooting competitively and, after seeing your painful video, would like to avoid it if I could.

Best of luck to you for a speedy recovery!

OUCH!!!

First post to the forum (everyone stare and point at the newbie) but for some reason this thread really caught my eye.

I wonder, would any sort of stretching and warm-up exercises prior to a match help avoid something like this? It's particularly interesting to me as I've just recently started shooting competitively and, after seeing your painful video, would like to avoid it if I could.

I'm no expert but I would think stretching and warm up would go a long way toward preventing this type of injury.

Athletes in about any sport you can think of routinely do this before the competition.

If anyone that thinks athleticism does not play a part in this sport needs to watch the video again.

There's more to IPSC than pulling a trigger.

Tls

OUCH!!!

Absolutely, as in any sport stretching the muscles is a GREAT idea. This injury occured on the 5th stage of the match. I had just finished a stage with a decent amount of movement. I just made the wrong movement, kinda like a little hop and when I forced my foot back it snaped...kinda like standing with your back to a say 1 foot wall and "mule" kicking it and only making contact with your toes to the wall and the rest of the foot/heel keep moving backwards. I have reviewed the video at least 100 times trying to figure out what I did wrong.......

zoomed in and slow motion view....

http://s150.photobucket.com/albums/s93/for...lfTearArea6.flv

Randal

Edited by DrawandDuck