Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Something Wrong With This Picture, For Sure...

SiG Lady

I actually e-mailed the real estate office in Portland about this and they actually e-mailed me back right away, saying the image had been posted before they saw it. :D This appeared on our weekend Real Estate section of the local newspaper...

post-1852-1178405368.jpg

Yes, apparently the driveway had not been paved--and some landscaping was missing--at the time of the 'PhotoChop' on this image. But it went into the news media without a quick look-see approval. I told the realty company that it was lovely and all, but sooner or later the homeowner might want to put their vehicles into the garage... :D

A house nearby has a garage with no driveway. The owner was a real butthead, nagging the building inspector and zoning commission over her expansion, and constantly submitting upgrades. After finally bullying the city into approving an expansion twice the size of the original house, filling the lot, and getting the zoning changed to make it a duplex rental, she went for the final form, the curb cut.

Denied.

By then the house was done. Garage door, no driveway, no curb cut. She's still steamed, and the neighbors snicker every time they walk by.