Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Uspsa Membership Nears 60k

dirtypool40

I noticed some USPSA #'s on here in the A50xxx range and on a whim checked....

Look like next time they update / post new PEN's to A #'s we'll have 60,000 USPSA members.

SIXTY THOUSAND!!!!

Considering how badly OUR OWN GUN PRESS and the NRA treat us, that's pretty incredible, not to mention the politicians and "mainstream" loony-left press.

I am particularly stoked because when I joined I was an early 40xxx A-number, so even though I know not all members are active, we've gone from 40k to 60k in like 6 years!!!

That's AWESOME!!!!

Edited by dirtypool40

I noticed some USPSA #'s on here in the A50xxx range and on a whim checked....

Look like next time they update / post new PEN's to A #'s we'll have 60,000 USPSA members.

SIXTY THOUSAND!!!!

Considering how badly OUR OWN GUN PRESS and the NRA treat us, that's pretty incredible, not to mention the politicians and "mainstream" loony-left press.

I am particularly stoked because when I joined I was an early 40xxx A-number, so even though I know not all members are active, we've gone from 40k to 60k in like 6 years!!!

That's AWESOME!!!!

DP -- yup, lots of people have joined, but actual active membership's been holding steady in 15K neighborhood for a while, fluctuating by a few hundred every month, as renewals, expirations, and new memberships are processed.....

That includes all numbers ever issued, however, keep in mind that the "L" and "B" numbers have a different numeric series which accounts for another couple of thousand.

If you select "additional content" from the USPSA website menu, you can find a report of classifications by state, showing that (as of the time of the last update) we had 15,652 current members.

We keep hitting new all time highs for active memberships. Although not dramatic, the trend is definitely in the right direction.

That's AWESOME!!!!

I don't want to turn this into an "us vs. them" thread. However, if there is a distinction to be drawn, it should be made between those who shoot USPSA and those who will hopefully discover USPSA. The increasing numbers are encouraging. The correction of the "Jim Zumbo" attitude is encouraging. The increasing number of CCWs issued and the states that are shall issue - this is also encouraging.

What can we do to keep the trend going?

A.: bring a friend to your next "shoot" (try not to call it "competition" around the newbies) and show them what its really all about.