Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Full Moon Clips

MichaelD

Glenn, Have you checked out Carmoney's post on The MS State Championship thread. he must think because a sixgun won the west the west can win with a six gun. :lol: I think we need to send him a special invite to the dance and find out if he can cha cha as well as he can type. :P

I use the brownells demooner, but drilled through the end of the handle so I can demoon nearly a whole clip and then spit the loads back into the ammo case through the other end, works well.

I have attached a photo of my what I load my clips with, cheapest and quickest I could find and I never lose it ..... :D

Can you give us the Brownells part number for that?

Mike, you can use a peice of 1/2 inch EMT conduit cut to any length you pefer. then take your Dremel tool and cut the end like the picture. mine has a rubber/plastic cap on the opposite end to hold in the casings in the tube. It will hold 6 casings. works great and cheap (we all know how much you like cheap ;) )

Phil

Edited by lefty45

I use the brownells demooner, but drilled through the end of the handle so I can demoon nearly a whole clip and then spit the loads back into the ammo case through the other end, works well.

For demooning, I took an old golf club with a hollow steel shaft [that's a real old golf club, folks] and just cut the shaft so the hollow shaft fits over the brass rim. Notch the end so about a third of the circumference sticks out past the head of the shell about a 1/4" when the shaft is flush against the moon clip. With .357 and 38 Spl, the hollow shaft will hold about 8 - 9 shells, so I can demoon a whole clip, then dump the empties neatly into a bag/box/whatever for recycling. Just don't make it so long that it can't fit into your range bag.

I'd be careful about demooning loaded shells and allowing them to drop vertically to the bottom of the tool. They might get moving fast enough to cause a 'problem' if the 2nd round hits the primer of the first one in the tube.