Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Full Moon Clips

MichaelD

• 3 years later...

I've got an engineer friend that is into gattling guns that is working on a moon loader/unloader for me. He says the sample should be ready in a few weeks and I'll let everyone know what it's like. This will be for the eight rounders.

I like the simplicity of Imorris's loader

I made the loader a year or so ago, the feed tube is 4130 chromemoly and machined so it will de-moon also. You load the rounds into the feed tube and squeeze to set the round let loose and the next round drops. It will load a clip in 6 seconds. PM me and I’ll email the video.

I use the brownells demooner, but drilled through the end of the handle so I can demoon nearly a whole clip and then spit the loads back into the ammo case through the other end, works well.

I have attached a photo of my what I load my clips with, cheapest and quickest I could find and I never lose it ..... :D

I use the brownells demooner, but drilled through the end of the handle so I can demoon nearly a whole clip and then spit the loads back into the ammo case through the other end, works well.

I have attached a photo of my what I load my clips with, cheapest and quickest I could find and I never lose it ..... :D

Can you give us the Brownells part number for that?

Can you give us the Brownells part number for that?

I'll go one better and attach a link.

Brownells Moon Stripper

I have been using just the standard moon clips from T & K and Dillon for the last few years, but does anyone have any experience with the new RIMZ moon clips. Are they reliable? What about the hearthco? Are they really worth the extra $. I use Winchester Nickel plated .45 ACP almost exclusively and wonder if it might be worth spending some extra coin to get ready for the 2006 MS Classic?

I have been using just the standard moon clips from T & K and Dillon for the last few years, but does anyone have any experience with the new RIMZ moon clips. Are they reliable? What about the hearthco? Are they really worth the extra $. I use Winchester Nickel plated .45 ACP almost exclusively and wonder if it might be worth spending some extra coin to get ready for the 2006 MS Classic?

AHhhh......gearing up are we? Come on, I got cha'