Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ced Chrono

I just came back from SS/Nationals. Our squad was the last to chrono. My load averaged 997 fps for a Zero 180 JHP, VV320 5.1 grains, in a 5 in Kart Barrel.

Today, I chronographed the load at home and it average 171-173 over about 20 rounds.

This was about the same PF before I left for Nationals.

The difference was the box vs. shade screens. It seems that a box is the only way to go.

I had noticed at last year's Nationals and A2 that my loads were in the 180 PF range.

The only variable is the box vs shooting outdoors with the sun. I use the shades when I chrono'ed. But there is a significant difference in the velocities.

I am going to invest in a set of infrared accessories for the Chrono. It is no fun having a huge power factor when it is not needed.

There were also a couple of guys that would have gone minor if it wouldn't have been caught. Using the velocities on your score sheet, do your own math. When the RO's punched in the information it had 2 of us about 5 or 6 PF low. Another guy was high by that much. There was a calculator at the station and when it was used everything was fine. There must have been something wrong with the chrony computer.

For the CED chrono to calculate correctly you need to hit the avg button......since it will do the calculating with the last number read........ :o

So if you were to shoot three rounds....then hit PF enter the bullet weight it would read the last only....and an incorrect PF

Shoot three rounds again then hit AVG then hit PF enter the bullet and bingo the proper math has been done for you!

Please don't ask how I find out.......yes it's in the instruction, but I like all men I don't usually read them until....... :rolleyes: