Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Slide Lock Reload Vs. Tr/rwr Time Differences

revchuck

[Don Quixote mode]

Folks - I'm considering making a recommendation to IDPA HQ to delete the mandatory use of the TR/RWR in stage 3 of the classifier. (If it were accepted - I ain't holding my breath - it wouldn't take place until the next rulebook came out.) Part of this recommendation would include changing the overall cutoff scores for the different classes within the divisions to account for the amount of time saved going to the faster load.

To that end, I've created a poll for the time differences between SL and TR/RWR that you've noted. The forum only supports three questions, so I left out MM since I feel that SS-MA shooters would be more likely to have quantified the time differences among the reload methods. I know that some of you are kinda anal when it comes to times :lol: , and record them in smaller chunks than full seconds, so please round up/down your times to the nearest second. I'll average the times and try to come up with a ballpark number by which to change the cutoff times.

[/Don Quixote mode]

TIA!

Edited by revchuck

I don't want to see the TR/RWR taken out. Clubs in this area still do them on the clock. It's a gun handling and manipulation skills test. Those that practice and know their weapons will just naturally do better. Maybe it's just because I'm a big gamer and there is usually a place in every match that a RWR will shave some time off a stage. :lol:

I think it's a perfect test on the classifier and should remain....... umm with any bottom feeder my time is anywhere from .4-.5 slower doing tac loads. I don't clock RWR a whole lot. but it's always been the same. if not faster.

petitioning the removal of this is a bad idea and waste of time. first. it make sense to do it on string 2 your leaving cover. and on string one it won't save you more than .2 at the most because of having to come back behind cover and especially in SSP you it may even take longer. where you have 11 rounds.

You didn't go low enough in your poll. My difference in time is .5 (CDP/ESP Master). The real deal is if you do it right. Way easier to screw up the RWR rather than the slide lock.
JB - I understand that...that's why I asked folks to round up or down. ;)
I don't want to see the TR/RWR taken out. Clubs in this area still do them on the clock. It's a gun handling and manipulation skills test. Those that practice and know their weapons will just naturally do better. Maybe it's just because I'm a big gamer and there is usually a place in every match that a RWR will shave some time off a stage.
Gregg - This wouldn't eliminate TRs/RWRs from matches, just the classifier.

and on string one it won't save you more than .2 at the most because of having to come back behind cover

You don't have to come back behind cover while reloading in IDPA. Or rather, "behind cover" is defined as all of your lower body behind cover and no more than 50 percent of your upper body exposed. It's perfectly legal to reload while maintaining/acquiring a visual on the target to be engaged after the reload.