Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My Local Post Office

Fireant

I figured this was the place for this story. I checked my PO box the other day and had a Sports Illustraded magazine in there. That was kind of strange since I don't have a subscription. When I got home I checked to make sure it was addressed to me and it was, so I sit down to read it and start to notice some funny things on the cover. One of the articles was titled NFL playoffs??? WTH! are they early or late? I start to wonder, I start flipping pages and see pictures of New England playing in the snow????? So, I look for the date......Oh my gosh......January 28th...........now get this 2002! This is my issue from over 5 years ago that never made it to me. So, now I have hope for some of those gun parts that never made it to me last year, the truck tag renewal, and several other things that are MIA from the US postal service ;)

I live in a small village with a 3 person post office... In my P. O. box a few moths ago... was a piece of junk mail which had been sent first class. The envelope had on it only my first initial and last name... followed by the name of the village and the first 2 digits of my zip code

No First Name, No P. O. Box Number, No state, and No complete zip code...

But it managed to get to me from another state..... however the post mark indicated it had been in the USPS "system" for 19 months.

Wow...Go Figure. Nothing stops junk mail.