Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Longshot

markwilliston

I haven't tried it in .40 or .45. Using Hodgdon's data for 9x19, I was getting smoked cases at the max load. For .357 Magnum, it rocks. Velocities are just short of those using 296/110, flash is not bad (I've shot it at IDPA night matches), and it's clean burning at that level. You can also make the PF in 4" revolvers with plated bullets using Hodgdon's .38 Special +P data.

It's LOUD, but I don't notice it when shooting...untill other folks fuss at me. ;)

rev, it smokes the sides of the cases in long loaded 9mm major with 115 grain bullets. It just doesn't make pressure fast enough to seal the cases with light bullets. The only clean cases I have ever seen with it was the max listed load +.2 in 40 with 135 grain Nosler JHP bullets, loaded to 1.135. They went well over 1500 fps with no pressure signs at all......

That 40 load out of a Glock is uhhh rather BRISK in recoil LOL.

Longshot is great in the 45ACP for pin loads using 230GR bullets .

185's give a pretty good flash !

This powder does not seem to like reduced loads ( at all ).

Not very useful for barely making major in 45 .

Works well in my 45ACP carbine, also as mentioned above it is usable in 357 ( again , not at reduced loads ) , Longshot also makes a very good 40 S&W carbine powder for pins , you gotta love a powder that does all that AND launches 1 1/8 OZ loads from a 12 GA. at 1500+ FPS.

Does not seem particularly dirty when loaded close to max.

Loud, slow burning, and flashy are kinda fun....

Travis F.