Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1st Uspsa Match -

trodrig

Hi all! Weather permitting, I'm going to try and shoot my first USPSA match this weekend. I've shot IDPA several times and was wondering what kind of differences I can expect. I'll be shooting Limited-10 with a Kimber 45. For L-10 can I use my CR Speed holster?

Thanks!

trodrig

Yes, you can use your CR Speed.

Differences to expect:

More difficult shots, depending on the "flavor" of your particular club, more distance, higher round count, objective scoring and more freedom in how you shoot the course.

Go, make friends, ask quesitons, run like a scalded ape and have a blast.

Edited by dirtypool40

In USPSA targets are impenetrable vs IDPA where a single bullet can score on several targets if they're aligned just right.

In USPSA, reload at any point in the course of fire, let the semi-full mags hit the ground as you wish, etc... No concealment garment required.

USPSA matches are run freestyle, if the stage briefing or rules don't specifically cover something - you may do it.

The current USPSA rules along with any clarifications or amendments.

• 1 month later...

Finally we had some good weather and shot my first IPSC match this past weekend! I had a great time! Made alot of mental errors which cost me alot of points but it was great fun and that's the most important part! I identified several things I need to practice which is good too. I really tanked on the classifier stage "Madness". I shot two consecutive rounds in the first target and then shot it again coming back after the reload. My mind basically just turned to jello after the beep....hopefully I can fix that next time! :)

Can't wait for the next match!!

Trodrig

Thanks Steve! You're right...I do need to plan the stage out and be better prepared before I shoot. On several of the stages I recall getting on target and pausing for a second thinking, "Is this the order I planned on shooting these targets?".

Hopefully I can improve on that aspect next time!

trodrig