Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Older 550

BTL

Hi,

I am brand new to the forum and to reloading.

I just purchased what I am guessing is an older Dillon RL550 (not the B model) that has a few parts missing. In looking up the missing parts, what parts are interchangeable with the 550B and what is the difference between the two? Should I call Dillon directly for small replacement parts?

I will be reloading .223, 25.06, 7mm Rem Mag, .308 Win, 30.06 (Bolt and Garand) .338 Win Mag, 10mm and .44 Mag. Is there a table that shows the different parts that make up the caliber conversion kits? If there is where can I find it?

Thanks ahead of time for any help/advice.

BTL

Hi,

I am brand new to the forum and to reloading.

I just purchased what I am guessing is an older Dillon RL550 (not the B model) that has a few parts missing. In looking up the missing parts, what parts are interchangeable with the 550B and what is the difference between the two? Should I call Dillon directly for small replacement parts?

I will be reloading .223, 25.06, 7mm Rem Mag, .308 Win, 30.06 (Bolt and Garand) .338 Win Mag, 10mm and .44 Mag. Is there a table that shows the different parts that make up the caliber conversion kits? If there is where can I find it?

Thanks ahead of time for any help/advice.

BTL

Hi,

you will find the latest (printable) manual here:

http://dillonhelp.com/manuals/english/RL550B_v7_8.pdf?

On page 17 & 18 you will find the charts with the conversion kits. Sometimes the conversion kits nearly consist of the same parts (e.g. to reload .308 and .30-06 you just need the conversion kit from one plus the shellholder from the other or .338 WinMag and 7mm RemMag just need a different Powder Funnel) so you can save a lot....

To convert the 550 to the 550B I got the following parts from Dillon (most of them free, for some I had to pay...):

#14015 Primer Track Bearing

#20250 550B FAILSAFE & BUZZER (= #20302 Primer Early Warning System + #20303 Powder Measure Failsafe Kit)

#97034 Powder Measure Lock-Link Assembly

just look at the schematic in the manual, which parts are missing on your Dillon....

Dont forget to order a spare parts kit, and some 1" Die Lock Rings (with wrench), and pickup tubes for the primers...

Hope this helped a little bit...

Have fun,

Peter

Thanks everyone,

I just finished going over the press again and I found about a dozen small parts either missing or damaged/rusty and in need of replacement. I found the manual and so I have the chart listing what parts are needed for caliber changes, as well as replacement parts.

Time willing I will give Dillon a call tomorrow.

BTL

Spent $99.97 on parts and a .223 conversion kit yesterday at Dillon. 0 free parts, sending a free up to date manual. Parts in my manual that list at .50 are now $1.50. I forgot to order a primer catcher....

BTL