Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gauging Interest - Bruce Gray Training Class

bufit323

Hey everybody,

I am looking to see if anyone is interested in attending a Bruce Gray taught seminar. I have attended 2 of Bruce's classes in the past couple of years and have been extremely impressed. Check the website below, though it is a bit spartan, it does describe a few of Bruce's accomplishments (IPSC GM, World Class Gun Smith, etc).

http://www.grayguns.com/

Bruce has been around the IPSC/USPSA world from the beginning and has shot just about everything at one time or another. I have only known him for a couple of years, but I know there are a few around this forum (perhaps our host) who could give a better impression of how good a guy and teacher Bruce is. I am a fairly technical person, and I have found his methods to be extremely well researched and executed.

The classes that I have attended have primarily been focused on USPSA production/IDPA pistols. I have seen revolvers and L10 type pistols there and I am sure a limited gun would work as well. I do not know if the class would work for Open guns, but you could always ask Bruce (he is reachable through the site).

At this point, this is just a feeler, we have no date or location yet, but if we can get 15 or so people together that are interested, we will begin to talk more specifics.

Please post thoughts here:

Hey everybody,

I am looking to see if anyone is interested in attending a Bruce Gray taught seminar. I have attended 2 of Bruce's classes in the past couple of years and have been extremely impressed. Check the website below, though it is a bit spartan, it does describe a few of Bruce's accomplishments (IPSC GM, World Class Gun Smith, etc).

http://www.grayguns.com/

Bruce has been around the IPSC/USPSA world from the beginning and has shot just about everything at one time or another. I have only known him for a couple of years, but I know there are a few around this forum (perhaps our host) who could give a better impression of how good a guy and teacher Bruce is. I am a fairly technical person, and I have found his methods to be extremely well researched and executed.

The classes that I have attended have primarily been focused on USPSA production/IDPA pistols. I have seen revolvers and L10 type pistols there and I am sure a limited gun would work as well. I do not know if the class would work for Open guns, but you could always ask Bruce (he is reachable through the site).

At this point, this is just a feeler, we have no date or location yet, but if we can get 15 or so people together that are interested, we will begin to talk more specifics.

Please post thoughts here:

trust me-i've shot with brice locally, since the early 80's. he can teach you regardless of whether u shoot open or production, or anything else.

trust me-i've shot with brice locally, since the early 80's. he can teach you regardless of whether u shoot open or production, or anything else.

No doubt about that, my only consideration would be if the techniques he would teach for an open gun would fit into the same course that he was teaching for a production gun; I defer to him on that one.

You are right though, HE IS THE MAN!!

I'd be interested.

Great Chuck, can you PM me your info, like name and email address. Orr just email me - jamesmartinjr AT gmail DOT com

We are still trying to get a list of hopefuls put together

Thanks Hank!! We are starting to get some good interest between here, sigforum.com and bayoushooter.com.

I will make an announcement at Sunday's match, if we get a few over there, we may have enough to start making plans!!

We are at 10 interested parties right now. 6 from Sigforum, 2 from Enosforum, 1 from Bayoushooter, and ME. Nearly all people have expressed their interest contingent on schedule and cost. I think that if we put some lead time in this thing that we should be able to work it out for most.

My goal right now is to assemble the email addresses of everyone so that I can start kicking around the schedule limitations of everyone concerned.

Please send me your email addresses if I do not already have it. Put "Bruce Gray Class" in the subject line so I can scan the spam filter and make certain that I get it.

jamesmartinjr AT gmail DOT com