Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Slide Racker For A Slide Without Sight Cuts?!?

nontactical

I have an open gun with a round-top slide. The slide has no dovetail or flat area on top of it at all and I am trying to add a slide racker. I would love to not have to pay to have a dovetail machined into my slide. I KNOW I have seen open guns with rackers mounted via two allen head screws, but I can't find one of these rackers anywhere. The gap between the top of the slide and the bottom of the c-more is just over .3". Thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions?

BTW... I have been shooting open for long enough to have decided that I want a slide racker, and the subject has been debated enough on this forum that I am not trying to reopen it.

I have an open gun with a round-top slide. The slide has no dovetail or flat area on top of it at all and I am trying to add a slide racker. I would love to not have to pay to have a dovetail machined into my slide. I KNOW I have seen open guns with rackers mounted via two allen head screws, but I can't find one of these rackers anywhere. The gap between the top of the slide and the bottom of the c-more is just over .3". Thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions?

BTW... I have been shooting open for long enough to have decided that I want a slide racker, and the subject has been debated enough on this forum that I am not trying to reopen it.

Years ago...like in the early 90s I saw a slide racker that was also the firing pin stop. I don't know if they welded up a racker to a stop or machined one all as one piece. I have no idea of the durability, but it was a neat idea. I also don't know if anyone ever tried marketing them. I'm betting any alternative solution would wind up costing more than getting a dovetail cut ot wouldn't work very well :(

Edited for poor spelling...d'oh.

Edited by G-ManBart

• 2 weeks later...