Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hello,

As some of you may or may not now, the new Presidential Dollar Coin project started on Feburary 15th. The first coin that was released, George Washington.

I'm looking for some coins in the series that lack the "In God We Trust" mark on their sides.

I reside overseas, so any help would be appreciated.

Cheers!

Hey, Cy!

I'm a little bit of a numas.....numast.....coin collector too. I've heard rumors that the new dollar coins with no motto are being faked by some unscrupulous individuals. I don't recommend buying one that hasn't been certified and encapsulated by a well known grading service such as NGC or PCGS.

I'm looking for some coins in the series that lack the "In God We Trust" mark on their sides.

Aren't we ALL ! ;)

The teller at the bank where I got mine said if I found one of those in the roll I bought, I had to split the proceeds with her ........ well, ala the movie "Catch Me If You Can" I told her I would love to buy her a steak dinner, with all the trim ... trimming ... juicy goodness ... ah you know what I mean. ;)

Hi Sam,

Thanks for the tip. Nearly purchased one through Ebay, but I think I'll take your advice and wait to see some sort of certification. Anyway, if you hear anything, let me know.

Chris, I'll pay for your dinner with the teller if you find one :P

Thanks for the help.

Happy holidays.

Edited by cybrosh

IF you are willing to do so you can purchase them from several internet coin dealers for the going rate of $650.00. :)

I have 2 unopened/uncirculated rolls from each mint. Are you going to make me open them to check this out???????

Edited by Round_Gun_Shooter