Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G34 Jam

Viggen

Every 10 years you take it into your dealer and pay him $600 for a new clean one.

10 years?!?! Why do you wait so long? Should be an annual thing - max.

You can surely clean more often but its not required.

Actually the hot ticket for cleaning your glock is to attend the annual GSSF match and have Glock clean it for you when then inspect it and replace any worn parts.

Toothbrush?

Easiest is just to disassemble and toss into a parts container and then into diswasher.

:-) (But not high heat)

Sure, get gun residue, powder, and other stuff like LEAD in your dish washer so the next time you put your dish in there, it will get on your dish so you can consume it.

Toothbrush?

Easiest is just to disassemble and toss into a parts container and then into diswasher.

:-) (But not high heat)

Sure, get gun residue, powder, and other stuff like LEAD in your dish washer so the next time you put your dish in there, it will get on your dish so you can consume it.

I don't know about you but I use a designated dish washer for washing all Glocks. The LEAD is breathed at the range in dust form. The wife has her dish washer, mine is used for plastic guns... :-)

I used to live about a 10 minute drive from T.R. Graham, the world's biggest Glock fanatic and the guy who did Making Glocks Rock for the American Gunsmithing Institute. And I watched Tom clean his Glocks in his dishwasher many, many times. As he joked, "Just don't put the frame on the bottom rack." The amount of lead we're talking here is so minute, and so much of it gets swirled down the drain, there's really no problem doing that.